'Grey's Anatomy' 5.18 Preview: Izzie's Disease Exposed
Months of speculation and several denials after, "Grey's Anatomy" finally brings the story of Izzie's unfortunate fate. George notices something is wrong with Izzie while the she herself, does her best to keep her medical record a secret.
This has been speculated as an exit story for Katherine Heigl, who in February was rumored leaving the show to move on. Words have been circulating now that Izzie actually suffers from cancer. Co-star Justin Chambers aka Alex also confirmed this to TV Guide, saying "Izzie has cancer, so I'm there to support her. I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie, but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her, so there should be some interesting stuff coming up."
The episode "Stand By Me", airing March 19, will talk a lot about this medical problem. Beside that, Meredith tries her mightiest to bring Derek back to work after fellow surgeons fail to do so. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery. Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour