'Grey's Anatomy' 5.18 Preview: Izzie's Disease Exposed
Months of speculation and several denials after, "Grey's Anatomy" finally brings the story of Izzie's unfortunate fate. George notices something is wrong with Izzie while the she herself, does her best to keep her medical record a secret.
This has been speculated as an exit story for Katherine Heigl, who in February was rumored leaving the show to move on. Words have been circulating now that Izzie actually suffers from cancer. Co-star Justin Chambers aka Alex also confirmed this to TV Guide, saying "Izzie has cancer, so I'm there to support her. I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie, but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her, so there should be some interesting stuff coming up."
The episode "Stand By Me", airing March 19, will talk a lot about this medical problem. Beside that, Meredith tries her mightiest to bring Derek back to work after fellow surgeons fail to do so. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery. Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed