'Grey's Anatomy' 5.18 Preview: Izzie's Disease Exposed
Months of speculation and several denials after, "Grey's Anatomy" finally brings the story of Izzie's unfortunate fate. George notices something is wrong with Izzie while the she herself, does her best to keep her medical record a secret.
This has been speculated as an exit story for Katherine Heigl, who in February was rumored leaving the show to move on. Words have been circulating now that Izzie actually suffers from cancer. Co-star Justin Chambers aka Alex also confirmed this to TV Guide, saying "Izzie has cancer, so I'm there to support her. I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie, but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her, so there should be some interesting stuff coming up."
The episode "Stand By Me", airing March 19, will talk a lot about this medical problem. Beside that, Meredith tries her mightiest to bring Derek back to work after fellow surgeons fail to do so. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery. Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans