'Grey's Anatomy' 5.18 Preview: Izzie's Disease Exposed
Months of speculation and several denials after, "Grey's Anatomy" finally brings the story of Izzie's unfortunate fate. George notices something is wrong with Izzie while the she herself, does her best to keep her medical record a secret.
This has been speculated as an exit story for Katherine Heigl, who in February was rumored leaving the show to move on. Words have been circulating now that Izzie actually suffers from cancer. Co-star Justin Chambers aka Alex also confirmed this to TV Guide, saying "Izzie has cancer, so I'm there to support her. I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie, but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her, so there should be some interesting stuff coming up."
The episode "Stand By Me", airing March 19, will talk a lot about this medical problem. Beside that, Meredith tries her mightiest to bring Derek back to work after fellow surgeons fail to do so. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery. Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves