'Grey's Anatomy' 5.18 Preview: Izzie's Disease Exposed
Months of speculation and several denials after, "Grey's Anatomy" finally brings the story of Izzie's unfortunate fate. George notices something is wrong with Izzie while the she herself, does her best to keep her medical record a secret.
This has been speculated as an exit story for Katherine Heigl, who in February was rumored leaving the show to move on. Words have been circulating now that Izzie actually suffers from cancer. Co-star Justin Chambers aka Alex also confirmed this to TV Guide, saying "Izzie has cancer, so I'm there to support her. I would expect Alex to shut down a little bit if something awful happens to Izzie, but these are opportunities to see his chivalrous side and his true love for her, so there should be some interesting stuff coming up."
The episode "Stand By Me", airing March 19, will talk a lot about this medical problem. Beside that, Meredith tries her mightiest to bring Derek back to work after fellow surgeons fail to do so. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery. Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards