Juan Antonio Bayona Is Not Official 'Eclipse' Director
Contrary to earlier report, Summit Entertainment have not yet signed director Juan Antonio Bayona to helm "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse". Erik Feig, the studio's president of production, has clarified the issue to Patrick Goldstein of Los Angeles Times, saying "The 'Eclipse' directing job hasn't been offered to Juan Antonio or anyone else."
"We've met with three or four talented filmmakers and we'll be meeting with three or four more other candidates before we make any decision. No one has been offered the job," the studio's topper further insisted. On the Bayona report ran by Dave McNary of Variety and Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily, Feig commented, "Nikki never called Summit or any of the producers, and Variety ran it off her blog without calling us either, which I find doubly irresponsible."
Days earlier, Variety reported that Juan Antonio Bayona has been announced as the chosen director for the third installment of the "Twilight" series. Noting that Summit Entertainment have declined to comment on the report, the trade further claimed that the studio were expected to deliver the official statement of the "The Orphanage" helmer's designation anytime soon.
To follow up the story of upcoming "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", "Eclipse" follows Bella as she once again finds herself surrounded by danger. Amidst all the danger, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob, with the knowledge that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. This vampire drama film is expected to hit U.S. theaters on June 30, 2010.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers