Clips From the Premiere of NBC's New Drama 'Kings'
An exploration to the struggle of David Vs. Goliath, "Kings" invade the NBC schedule this Sunday, March 15 in a two-hour premiere. Critics have been giving mixed reviews for the new series, with San Francisco Chronicle calling it "compelling and odd" and USA Today deeming it "doesn't quite work and probably won't last". The clips from the pilot, "Goliath", are available for judgement.
The show is set in a modern metropolis under siege, where the fighting has gone on for too long and cost far too many lives. King Silas Benjamin (played by Ian McShane) is the well-entrenched king of Gilboa, whose flag bears a divine butterfly symbol. Gilboa has its capital in Shiloh, a clean new city that is unspoiled by time or litter. Silas must deal with the tensions rising between Gilboa and neighboring nation Gath.
When several prisoners of war are taken, a young soldier, David Shepherd (Christopher Egan), defies orders and crosses enemy lines to save them. Unknown to David, the soldier he saves is Jack Benjamin (Sebastian Stan), the son of the king. From that day forth, David's life will never be the same.
- Clip 1
- Clip 2
- Behind the Scene
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake