Jack White of The White Stripes Has a New Band, The Dead Weather
Guitarist/lead vocalist of The White Stripes, Jack White, has formed a new band called The Dead Weather. "This band is the first project to come out of this new system, which is our new studio in town and this building," he said.
Jack debuted his new band at a private party in Nashville, Tennessee taking place on Wednesday, March 11 at the headquarters of the Third Man Records. Musicians seen attending the party included fellow singers Sheryl Crow and Martina McBride as well as The White Stripes' member Meg White.
The Dead Weather are comprised of Jack White in drums, The Kills' Alison Mosshart in vocals, The Raconteurs' Jack Lawrence in bass and Queens of the Stone Age's Dean Fertita in guitar. They have recorded a debut studio album titled "Horehound" and they plan to release it in June.
One of the new songs in the band's upcoming studio album is called "Hang You From the Heavens". Expected to be the first single from their album, it has been available for free stream on their official website.
The Dead Weather's "Hang You From the Heavens" video:
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video