Jack White of The White Stripes Has a New Band, The Dead Weather
Guitarist/lead vocalist of The White Stripes, Jack White, has formed a new band called The Dead Weather. "This band is the first project to come out of this new system, which is our new studio in town and this building," he said.
Jack debuted his new band at a private party in Nashville, Tennessee taking place on Wednesday, March 11 at the headquarters of the Third Man Records. Musicians seen attending the party included fellow singers Sheryl Crow and Martina McBride as well as The White Stripes' member Meg White.
The Dead Weather are comprised of Jack White in drums, The Kills' Alison Mosshart in vocals, The Raconteurs' Jack Lawrence in bass and Queens of the Stone Age's Dean Fertita in guitar. They have recorded a debut studio album titled "Horehound" and they plan to release it in June.
One of the new songs in the band's upcoming studio album is called "Hang You From the Heavens". Expected to be the first single from their album, it has been available for free stream on their official website.
The Dead Weather's "Hang You From the Heavens" video:
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation