Jack White of The White Stripes Has a New Band, The Dead Weather
Guitarist/lead vocalist of The White Stripes, Jack White, has formed a new band called The Dead Weather. "This band is the first project to come out of this new system, which is our new studio in town and this building," he said.
Jack debuted his new band at a private party in Nashville, Tennessee taking place on Wednesday, March 11 at the headquarters of the Third Man Records. Musicians seen attending the party included fellow singers Sheryl Crow and Martina McBride as well as The White Stripes' member Meg White.
The Dead Weather are comprised of Jack White in drums, The Kills' Alison Mosshart in vocals, The Raconteurs' Jack Lawrence in bass and Queens of the Stone Age's Dean Fertita in guitar. They have recorded a debut studio album titled "Horehound" and they plan to release it in June.
One of the new songs in the band's upcoming studio album is called "Hang You From the Heavens". Expected to be the first single from their album, it has been available for free stream on their official website.
The Dead Weather's "Hang You From the Heavens" video:
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'