Geri Halliwell Breaks Off Engagement With Fiance Fabrizio Politi
Geri Halliwell has called off her engagement to current fiance Fabrizio Politi, The Sun reports. The singer's realization that she isn't "the marrying type" has been cited as the reason for her to end their whirlwind romance less than three months after getting engaged.
"She loved being in a relationship but decided that all she needs is her daughter Bluebell to keep her happy," says a source. "Her friends are not surprised - Geri has a track record for getting cold feet," the source reveals further, adding that "Fabrizio is upset but totally respects Geri's wishes."
Geri Halliwell and Fabrizio Politi, who is an Italian yacht tycoon, first met at a Florence nightclub in December 2008. Embarking on a love relationship soon thereafter, he proposed to her over Christmas. "We are delighted to announce the engagement of Geri Halliwell and Fabrizio Politi," a representative for the singer and mother of one confirmed in January. "As a token of their commitment to each other Fabrizio presented Geri with an engagement ring over the festive season."
Geri, who has a string of relationships which have not lasted long, is a mother to one daughter named, Bluebell Madonna. The nearly 3-year-old girl's father reportedly is Geri's ex-boyfriend, scriptwriter Sacha Gervasi. Geri herself has never publicly confirmed the report though.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes