Trailer of Steven Spielberg's HBO Miniseries 'The Pacific'
Basically another take similar to "Band of Brothers", "The Pacific" is a miniseries coming from Steven Spielberg that will air on HBO in 10 parts. Involving also Tom Hanks in the production team, it will tell intertwined stories of three Marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge and John Basilone during their defense against Japanese attack in the Pacific during World War II.
"The Pacific" is adapted from the memoir book of Eugene Sledge, "With the Old Breed" which was first published in 1981. The memoir is based on notes Sledge kept tucked away in a pocket-sized Bible he carried with him during battle.
As described on the press release, "The extraordinary experiences of these men and their fellow Marines take them from the first clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, across the blasted coral strongholds of Peleliu, up the black sand terraces of Iwo Jima, through the killing fields of Okinawa, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day."
The series which was shot in Australia, is expected to be released either in late 2009 or early 2010. James Badge Dale, Joe Mazzello and John Basilone star as Robert, Eugene and John respectively.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'