Trailer of Steven Spielberg's HBO Miniseries 'The Pacific'
Basically another take similar to "Band of Brothers", "The Pacific" is a miniseries coming from Steven Spielberg that will air on HBO in 10 parts. Involving also Tom Hanks in the production team, it will tell intertwined stories of three Marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge and John Basilone during their defense against Japanese attack in the Pacific during World War II.
"The Pacific" is adapted from the memoir book of Eugene Sledge, "With the Old Breed" which was first published in 1981. The memoir is based on notes Sledge kept tucked away in a pocket-sized Bible he carried with him during battle.
As described on the press release, "The extraordinary experiences of these men and their fellow Marines take them from the first clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, across the blasted coral strongholds of Peleliu, up the black sand terraces of Iwo Jima, through the killing fields of Okinawa, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day."
The series which was shot in Australia, is expected to be released either in late 2009 or early 2010. James Badge Dale, Joe Mazzello and John Basilone star as Robert, Eugene and John respectively.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo