Trailer of Steven Spielberg's HBO Miniseries 'The Pacific'
Basically another take similar to "Band of Brothers", "The Pacific" is a miniseries coming from Steven Spielberg that will air on HBO in 10 parts. Involving also Tom Hanks in the production team, it will tell intertwined stories of three Marines, Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge and John Basilone during their defense against Japanese attack in the Pacific during World War II.
"The Pacific" is adapted from the memoir book of Eugene Sledge, "With the Old Breed" which was first published in 1981. The memoir is based on notes Sledge kept tucked away in a pocket-sized Bible he carried with him during battle.
As described on the press release, "The extraordinary experiences of these men and their fellow Marines take them from the first clash with the Japanese in the haunted jungles of Guadalcanal, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, across the blasted coral strongholds of Peleliu, up the black sand terraces of Iwo Jima, through the killing fields of Okinawa, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day."
The series which was shot in Australia, is expected to be released either in late 2009 or early 2010. James Badge Dale, Joe Mazzello and John Basilone star as Robert, Eugene and John respectively.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift