'American Idol' Farewell Song Recorded by Carrie Underwood
Carrie Underwood announced at her official site that she will provide the farewell theme song to the eight season of "American Idol". The singer who graduated from the show's class of 2005, has re-recorded Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" which will be played each time one contestant leaves the show.
Apart from used in the show which will start its Top 13 performance round on Wednesday, March 11, the single will be available for digital download. The sale which is available exclusively to iTunes until March 16, will benefit The Humane Society of the United States.
"I've always loved this song, and besides being fitting for 'Idol', to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," Carrie who is a known animal lover said in a statement. "So we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing animal charity like the HSUS."
Previous farewell songs of "American Idol" include DAUGHTRY's "Home" and Daniel Powter's "Bad Day".
More American Idol News
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week