'American Idol' Farewell Song Recorded by Carrie Underwood
Carrie Underwood announced at her official site that she will provide the farewell theme song to the eight season of "American Idol". The singer who graduated from the show's class of 2005, has re-recorded Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" which will be played each time one contestant leaves the show.
Apart from used in the show which will start its Top 13 performance round on Wednesday, March 11, the single will be available for digital download. The sale which is available exclusively to iTunes until March 16, will benefit The Humane Society of the United States.
"I've always loved this song, and besides being fitting for 'Idol', to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," Carrie who is a known animal lover said in a statement. "So we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing animal charity like the HSUS."
Previous farewell songs of "American Idol" include DAUGHTRY's "Home" and Daniel Powter's "Bad Day".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked