Drew Barrymore Confirms Being Considered to Direct 'Eclipse'
Being rumored as one of the potential directors for the second sequel of "Twilight", actress/director Drew Barrymore has finally given her response to the circulating speculation. In a recent interview, the 34-year-old actress confirmed that she is indeed being considered for the directing part for "Eclipse".
"I'm one of the directors that is being talked about, which is great, because I'm a director now," as quoted by Associated Press, the "Whip It!" helmer shared when addressing on the rumor thrown out by Entertainment Weekly earlier. In addition to that, the "Charlie's Angels" actress/producer added, "But, you know, they'll make their choice."
Despite Barrymore's confirmation, words are circulating that "Eclipse" director role could end up to the hands of a man. "I actually heard rumors that they did have a third director, and he fell out, and then they saw more people," "Twilight" actor Kellan Lutz told MTV News. "I would say [the name] if I could remember it. But I know it was a guy."
Providing a support to the male director story, Twilighters has come up with a report, suggesting that Paul Weitz, the brother of "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" director Chris Weitz, will be helming this third "Twilight" feature saga. The trade also claimed that the Drew Barrymore's rumor is a false one.
"Eclipse" will be based on the third book in Stephenie Meyer's vampire drama saga. Following the romantic story between a mortal and a vampire, it will tell the time when Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. Amidst the danger, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob, with the knowledge that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. The U.S. release date for this film has been set for June 30, 2010.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer