Ashlee Simpson Officially Playing Lead Role in 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
Ashlee Simpson is making a big transition from singing to acting. The younger sister of Jessica Simpson has been confirmed on board of "Melrose Place" spin-off which is yet to have a title. The series will air on The CW later this year.
She will play Violet, a "small-town girl and recent L.A. transplant who has come to town with a secret" according to MTV. Her character is also described as very manipulative, using her girl-next-door charm to get what she wants, very much like Sandy Harling in the original series.
"I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of 'Melrose Place' and look forward to being a part of its new generation of residents," Ashlee said in a statement.
This would not be the first acting gig for Ashlee on TV. She has filmed a cameo with husband Pete Wentz for the upcoming March 18 episode of "CSI: NY". Seven years ago, the mother of one was also involved in WB's TV series "7th Heaven" before breaking through as a recording artist.
Her participation on the "Melrose" spin-off means she will share screens with Katie Cassidy who plays lawyer with a sharp tongue, Ella and Michael Rady who plays a filmmaker named Jonah. There have also been unconfirmed reports that original star Heather Locklear had said yes to reprising her role as Amanda Woodward, and Mischa Barton taking a not-yet-known lead role.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show