Ashlee Simpson Officially Playing Lead Role in 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
Ashlee Simpson is making a big transition from singing to acting. The younger sister of Jessica Simpson has been confirmed on board of "Melrose Place" spin-off which is yet to have a title. The series will air on The CW later this year.
She will play Violet, a "small-town girl and recent L.A. transplant who has come to town with a secret" according to MTV. Her character is also described as very manipulative, using her girl-next-door charm to get what she wants, very much like Sandy Harling in the original series.
"I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of 'Melrose Place' and look forward to being a part of its new generation of residents," Ashlee said in a statement.
This would not be the first acting gig for Ashlee on TV. She has filmed a cameo with husband Pete Wentz for the upcoming March 18 episode of "CSI: NY". Seven years ago, the mother of one was also involved in WB's TV series "7th Heaven" before breaking through as a recording artist.
Her participation on the "Melrose" spin-off means she will share screens with Katie Cassidy who plays lawyer with a sharp tongue, Ella and Michael Rady who plays a filmmaker named Jonah. There have also been unconfirmed reports that original star Heather Locklear had said yes to reprising her role as Amanda Woodward, and Mischa Barton taking a not-yet-known lead role.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'