'The Green Hornet' Starts Filming in Summer
A few interesting tidbits about "The Green Hornet", including the start of shooting date, have been brought forth by one of its screenwriters, Seth Rogen. Giving updates to the superhero movie while promoting "Monsters vs. Aliens" in Australia, the co-writer of "Superbad" revealed during his "The Jono & Dano Show" appearance that the movie will start filming in June.
Beside the shooting date, the 26-year-old actor also stated that while the film will be an origin story, it won't be one in the traditional sense, further promising that "it'll be unlike every other superhero film out there." Noting that the story will highlight on the relationship between Kato and Britt Reid a.k.a. Green Hornet, he also explained that the movie will see his Green Hornet as just a normal guy, whereas Stephen Chow's Kato as the one who does all the superhero stuff.
An adaptation of WXYZ's radio show created by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker, "The Green Hornet" centers on Britt Reid, a newspaper publisher by day and masked vigilante "Green Hornet" by night, and his adventures in fighting crimes. Slated for June 25, 2010 U.S. release, the flick is produced by Neal H. Moritz and also penned by Seth Rogen's writing partner in "Knocked Up", "Superbad" and "Pineapple Express", Evan Goldberg.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture