'The Green Hornet' Starts Filming in Summer
A few interesting tidbits about "The Green Hornet", including the start of shooting date, have been brought forth by one of its screenwriters, Seth Rogen. Giving updates to the superhero movie while promoting "Monsters vs. Aliens" in Australia, the co-writer of "Superbad" revealed during his "The Jono & Dano Show" appearance that the movie will start filming in June.
Beside the shooting date, the 26-year-old actor also stated that while the film will be an origin story, it won't be one in the traditional sense, further promising that "it'll be unlike every other superhero film out there." Noting that the story will highlight on the relationship between Kato and Britt Reid a.k.a. Green Hornet, he also explained that the movie will see his Green Hornet as just a normal guy, whereas Stephen Chow's Kato as the one who does all the superhero stuff.
An adaptation of WXYZ's radio show created by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker, "The Green Hornet" centers on Britt Reid, a newspaper publisher by day and masked vigilante "Green Hornet" by night, and his adventures in fighting crimes. Slated for June 25, 2010 U.S. release, the flick is produced by Neal H. Moritz and also penned by Seth Rogen's writing partner in "Knocked Up", "Superbad" and "Pineapple Express", Evan Goldberg.
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'
- Britney Spears' Boyfriend Sam Asghari Reportedly Using Her to 'Raise His Profile'