'The Green Hornet' Starts Filming in Summer
A few interesting tidbits about "The Green Hornet", including the start of shooting date, have been brought forth by one of its screenwriters, Seth Rogen. Giving updates to the superhero movie while promoting "Monsters vs. Aliens" in Australia, the co-writer of "Superbad" revealed during his "The Jono & Dano Show" appearance that the movie will start filming in June.
Beside the shooting date, the 26-year-old actor also stated that while the film will be an origin story, it won't be one in the traditional sense, further promising that "it'll be unlike every other superhero film out there." Noting that the story will highlight on the relationship between Kato and Britt Reid a.k.a. Green Hornet, he also explained that the movie will see his Green Hornet as just a normal guy, whereas Stephen Chow's Kato as the one who does all the superhero stuff.
An adaptation of WXYZ's radio show created by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker, "The Green Hornet" centers on Britt Reid, a newspaper publisher by day and masked vigilante "Green Hornet" by night, and his adventures in fighting crimes. Slated for June 25, 2010 U.S. release, the flick is produced by Neal H. Moritz and also penned by Seth Rogen's writing partner in "Knocked Up", "Superbad" and "Pineapple Express", Evan Goldberg.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars