Judges Select 4 Wild Cards, 'American Idol' Top 13 Revealed
The Wild Card round is on, finalists of "American Idol" that got eliminated in the Top 36 round are competing for a place in the Top 12. The four judges determine who deserve a stool, based on their March 5 performance. At the end of the show, results are read, four advance to the next round, making it a Top 13 instead of Top 12.
First singing on the night was Paula Abdul's pick Jesse Langseth who brought up Rufus and Chaka Khan's "Tell Me Something Good". Paula sticks to her, while the others thought it was mediocre. Matt Giraud gave his shot, singing Jackson Five's "Who's Loving You". Paula saw it fit to him and Simon Cowell called it a "billion times better" than the previous performance.
Megan Corkrey sang "The Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall. Simon praised her to be current and Kara DioGuardi blatantly said that they need a person like her in the competition. Von Smith tried out ballad, Elton John's "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word". Simon thought it was boring and Randy Jackson gave a nod to it, judging that it was a poor song choice.
Jasmine Murray gave Christina Aguilera's "Reflection" a go. Kara said she was taken by her big voice while Randy opined that the song was too big for her. Ricky Braddy came up next, tackling Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". Kara actually thought it was quite good but the others thought otherwise.
Drama queen Tatiana del Toro chose to sing her Top 36 performance once again, Whitney Houston's "Saving All My Love for You". The judges were unanimous when criticizing at her decision to sing the song again, which is for the third time. Anoop Desai was put on the last and he brought in Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative". Although he missed some notes, Simon thought that people are gonna love him. Randy agreed to this.
The show, trying to cramp it for a one-hour telecast, went fast in the result. Jasmine Murray was the first to be called and the first to go through. Ricky Braddy failed, so did Tatiana del Toro. Megan Corkrey passed but Jesse Langseth and Von Smith went home. Final showdown between Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai revealed that both are admitted.
Consequently the Top 13 are Alexis Grace, Danny Gokey, Michael Sarver, Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta, Lil Rounds, Scott MacIntyre, Jorge Nunez, Megan Corkrey, Jasmine Murray, Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai. These people will perform as finalists for the first time on Tuesday, March 10.
More American Idol News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!