Chris Brown Charged With Two Felonies, Facing a Possible 4 Years and 8 Months in Prison
It's official, Chris Brown was charged with two felonies, assault and making criminal threats, as a result of him assaulting his girlfriend Rihanna during a heated argument on February 8, the L.A. District Attorney's office announced Thursday, March 5 shortly after which Chris made an appearance at Los Angeles Superior Court for a hearing in the case. If convicted on both counts, Chris' sentence could range from probation to a maximum four years and eight months in state prison, DA spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons explained.
Later that day, Chris was seen attending his scheduled arraignment accompanied by his lawyer Mark Geragos. Sporting a three-piece gray pinstripe suit with gray tie and cream shirt, Chris clasped his hands behind his back as he walked into the courtroom. During the hearing, Chris answered a few questions the commissioner gave him as his mother watched from the front row along with a group of family members.
Chris, who contrary to the mounting speculation didn't enter a plea, was instructed by the judge "not to annoy, harass, molest, threaten or use force or violence against anyone." Chris' next arraignment is scheduled for April 6. Upon making their way out of the court, neither Chris nor his attorney answered a single question from the waiting reporters.
Chris' on-again girlfriend Rihanna was nowhere to be seen during his hearing, but her attorney Donald Etra, was in attendance. Donald, at the request of his singer client, did not request a restraining order against Chris and to the reporters Donald explained the reason, stating Rihanna "did not feel a stay-away order was necessary."
Asked on the way out of the courtroom how Rihanna was holding up, Donald confirmed, "She's doing great. She is making sure her rights are being protected at every stage of the proceedings." Donald, however, declined to say whether Rihanna would testify against Chris, or whether the couple had reunited. "I'm not here to discuss the relationship," he said.
More Chris Brown News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier