'Slumdog Millionaire' DVD and Blu-ray Release Date Announced
"Slumdog Millionaire" will be heading to DVD stores by the end of this month. The 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have recently announced that the 81st Academy Awards big winner will get a simultaneous release for its Blu-ray Disc and standard DVD in stores across the U.S. on Tuesday, March 31.
Bonus features to be found in both home video versions include a "making-of" documentary, deleted scenes, and a Slumdog Cutdown. Commentary from director Danny Boyle and actor Dev Patel in addition to commentary from producer Christian Colson and writer Simon Beaufoy can also be seen in the special features section.
Meanwhile, the Blu-ray Disc will also get additional features, a bonus music video and the Indian short film "Manjha". It will be presented with a digital copy for play on iPods and other portable devices as well. Pre-orders for the Blu-ray Disc and the DVD can be made via Amazon.
Telling the story of an Indian orphan who gets the shot to become a millionaire in a television game, "Slumdog Millionaire" is based on Vikas Swarup's bestselling novel "Q and A". On February 22, this romantic drama has swept the 2009 Oscars, bringing home 8 nods, including Best Picture and Best Director for helmer Danny Boyle.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory