'Friday the 13th' Sequel Is Brewing
Another "Friday the 13th" feature film is being developed by New Line and Platinum Dunes. The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog reported that the new feature film project "is expected to be not a sequel so much as a follow-up" to the recently-released remake of the Sean S. Cunningham's 1980 classic horror.
"Jason Voorhees will be the villain, of course, the new picture is expected to use elements of the original franchise more as a jumping-off point than as a template," the trade wrote further, explaining on what the producers won't do with this new film. "The reason? The reboot drew from the first four pictures in the 'Friday' series, and producers are said not to be keen on the plot elements of the half-dozen movies that followed."
Writers for "Friday the 13th" remake, Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, have been reported to start working on the script, and a new director will most likely be hired to helm the proposed project. In addition, Bloody-Disgusting suggested that the new feature film could be heading to U.S. theaters on August 13, 2010.
Seeing the return of Jason Voorhees to the place where it all started, the legendary Camp Crystal Lake, "Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killers with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti as the leading actors, the horror thriller debuted first on its opening weekend, collecting $40.6 million.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'