'Friday the 13th' Sequel Is Brewing
Another "Friday the 13th" feature film is being developed by New Line and Platinum Dunes. The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog reported that the new feature film project "is expected to be not a sequel so much as a follow-up" to the recently-released remake of the Sean S. Cunningham's 1980 classic horror.
"Jason Voorhees will be the villain, of course, the new picture is expected to use elements of the original franchise more as a jumping-off point than as a template," the trade wrote further, explaining on what the producers won't do with this new film. "The reason? The reboot drew from the first four pictures in the 'Friday' series, and producers are said not to be keen on the plot elements of the half-dozen movies that followed."
Writers for "Friday the 13th" remake, Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, have been reported to start working on the script, and a new director will most likely be hired to helm the proposed project. In addition, Bloody-Disgusting suggested that the new feature film could be heading to U.S. theaters on August 13, 2010.
Seeing the return of Jason Voorhees to the place where it all started, the legendary Camp Crystal Lake, "Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killers with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti as the leading actors, the horror thriller debuted first on its opening weekend, collecting $40.6 million.
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes