Tyler Perry Plans Slow Death for Madea
While Tyler Perry reaps success with "Madea Goes to Jail", he couldn't hide the fact that he
wants to see Madea dead. In an interview while promoting "Goes to Jail", the actor/filmmaker fessed up of his idea, stating "I would love to see Madea die a slow death in the next film," but quickly said that he will keep the character alive as long as people want to see her.
As for the reason for killing Madea, Perry uncovered that though Madea is fun to watch, doing her is "a nightmare". "(She's) a whole lot of fun to watch. But to do it is a nightmare," he explained. "It's all one suit that I'm zipped into, so it's all heavy. The hips are heavy. And the more I sweat, the heavier it gets. I see why women have back problems who have large breasts. Holding those things upright can be tough."
While Perry's next project will be his own period drama, "A Jazz Man's Blues", the future "Madea" movie in line is said to be called "Madea's Class Reunion". Nonetheless, confirming words on the possible project have yet to be shared.
Released on February 20, "Madea Goes to Jail" landed atop the North American box office during its first weekend screening. With $41 million bow, it becomes Tyler Perry's largest debut since "Madea's Family Reunion" in 2006. It has also marked the best opening for any Lionsgate release, surpassing the $33.6 million debut for "Saw III".
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories