'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off Eyes Brittany Snow as Lead
Although not yet given a title, the spin-off to "Gossip Girl" has found the possible leading actress. "Hairspray" star Brittany Snow is reportedly in talks to play the younger version of Lily van der Woodsen who is the focus of the story.
No rep has confirmed this casting news yet, but Star Magazine quotes a 'friend' of the actress who says, "Brittany is thrilled. She loves the original show and thinks the 1980's concept sets the spin-off apart from other series on television. She can't wait to wear all the fabulous outfits and really sink her teeth into the role."
The source adds, "Brittany always thought she was going to continue her career in films, bithis is a marvelous part and she just couldn't say no. This has the potential to be a huge show in the tradition of Melrose Place."
The character will be identified as her maiden name, Lily Rhodes. She lives in the 1980s Los Angeles and goes through dramatic changes when she falls out with her parents to live with her older sister. From enrolling in a boarding house, she finds herself in the public school in the Valley that she used to make fun of.
The role of Carol, Lily's sister, has been filled by Krysten Ritter while the role as Jericho, a hot Valley punk, is taken by Shiloh Fernandez. The pilot to the new show will be aired as an episode of "Gossip Girl" later this season.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion