Twilight Saga's 'Eclipse' Could Have Drew Barrymore as Director
Rumor has it, Drew Barrymore is one of the potential candidates for directing "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse". The speculation has been chucked in by Entertainment Weekly when reporting that Summit Entertainment are looking forward to secure a director for the third installment of the "Twilight" saga.
"As Summit Entertainment looks to lock in a director for the third installment of the Twilight series, Eclipse, the company is talking to a select group of directors - including actress-turned-helmer Drew Barrymore," so wrote the trade. Despite the speculation, neither the studio nor the representatives for the 34-year-old actress have come up with a response.
Earlier, it has been reported that since "Eclipse" release date is too close to "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" and the two movies won't be shot back-to-back, director Chris Weitz won't have enough time to direct the two films as he will be in post-production on the first "Twilight" sequel when "Eclipse" starts the lensing. Hence, the third "Twilight" film should look for another director to do the job. But, so far, no one has been attached to the directing part.
Based on the third book in Stephenie Meyer's vampire drama saga, "Eclipse" will tell the time when Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. Amidst the danger, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob, with the knowledge that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. The vampire drama is set for June 30, 2010 U.S. release.
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role