Lil Wayne's Rock Album May Not Be Released Under Universal
Rumor has it, Lil Wayne's forthcoming rock-inspired album "REBIRTH" will not be released under Universal Music Group. The decision is withdrawn by the record label's executives because they fear that the album will fail and knock Wayne from being the top-selling singer.
According to This Is 50, people at the recording company have warned Wayne through his manager Cortez Bryant, saying that "if Wayne doesn't brighten up they have to turn into Mr. Evil Record Company and just tell him it's never going to be released." As of press time, no comment has been shared by the rapper's management team concerning the rumor.
Lil Wayne previously pushed back "REBIRTH" from April 7 to May 19 release. He will enter recording booth with alternative rock band Fall Out Boy and make a collaboration with the Patrick Stump-fronted band in the record.
"Prom Queen", the first single off the record has been released since late January. Using Auto-Tune on the hook, it rose to number 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and charted at number 16 on Billboard Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles despite its rock genre.
More Lil Wayne News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media