Lil Wayne's Rock Album May Not Be Released Under Universal
Rumor has it, Lil Wayne's forthcoming rock-inspired album "REBIRTH" will not be released under Universal Music Group. The decision is withdrawn by the record label's executives because they fear that the album will fail and knock Wayne from being the top-selling singer.
According to This Is 50, people at the recording company have warned Wayne through his manager Cortez Bryant, saying that "if Wayne doesn't brighten up they have to turn into Mr. Evil Record Company and just tell him it's never going to be released." As of press time, no comment has been shared by the rapper's management team concerning the rumor.
Lil Wayne previously pushed back "REBIRTH" from April 7 to May 19 release. He will enter recording booth with alternative rock band Fall Out Boy and make a collaboration with the Patrick Stump-fronted band in the record.
"Prom Queen", the first single off the record has been released since late January. Using Auto-Tune on the hook, it rose to number 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and charted at number 16 on Billboard Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles despite its rock genre.
More Lil Wayne News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer