Lil Wayne's Rock Album May Not Be Released Under Universal
Rumor has it, Lil Wayne's forthcoming rock-inspired album "REBIRTH" will not be released under Universal Music Group. The decision is withdrawn by the record label's executives because they fear that the album will fail and knock Wayne from being the top-selling singer.
According to This Is 50, people at the recording company have warned Wayne through his manager Cortez Bryant, saying that "if Wayne doesn't brighten up they have to turn into Mr. Evil Record Company and just tell him it's never going to be released." As of press time, no comment has been shared by the rapper's management team concerning the rumor.
Lil Wayne previously pushed back "REBIRTH" from April 7 to May 19 release. He will enter recording booth with alternative rock band Fall Out Boy and make a collaboration with the Patrick Stump-fronted band in the record.
"Prom Queen", the first single off the record has been released since late January. Using Auto-Tune on the hook, it rose to number 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and charted at number 16 on Billboard Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles despite its rock genre.
More Lil Wayne News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz