Lil Wayne's Rock Album May Not Be Released Under Universal
Rumor has it, Lil Wayne's forthcoming rock-inspired album "REBIRTH" will not be released under Universal Music Group. The decision is withdrawn by the record label's executives because they fear that the album will fail and knock Wayne from being the top-selling singer.
According to This Is 50, people at the recording company have warned Wayne through his manager Cortez Bryant, saying that "if Wayne doesn't brighten up they have to turn into Mr. Evil Record Company and just tell him it's never going to be released." As of press time, no comment has been shared by the rapper's management team concerning the rumor.
Lil Wayne previously pushed back "REBIRTH" from April 7 to May 19 release. He will enter recording booth with alternative rock band Fall Out Boy and make a collaboration with the Patrick Stump-fronted band in the record.
"Prom Queen", the first single off the record has been released since late January. Using Auto-Tune on the hook, it rose to number 15 on Billboard Hot 100 and charted at number 16 on Billboard Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles despite its rock genre.
More Lil Wayne News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby