Andy Richter Follows Conan O'Brien to 'Tonight Show'
It may be the end of Conan O'Brien in "Late Night" but it's not the end of his combined force with Andy Richter. By the time O'Brien takes over "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno this summer, he will be joined by his "Late Night" co-host Richter who will be a full announcer.
"Andy is one of the funniest people I know, and we've maintained a close friendship since he left Late Night," O'Brien said. "We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to The Tonight Show." He added as a joke, "I'm looking forward to working with Andy on a daily basis again, particularly since he owes me $300."
Not only will he be a full announcer, Richter will also appear in some of the comedy sketches. The duo will make their debut on June 1 along with their "Late Night" house band, Max Weinberg and the Max Weinberg 7.
Andy Richter was a sidekick to Conan O'Brien between 1993 and 2000. He quit to do his own two shows, "Andy Richter Controls" and "The Universe and Andy Barker, P.I."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation