Andy Richter Follows Conan O'Brien to 'Tonight Show'
It may be the end of Conan O'Brien in "Late Night" but it's not the end of his combined force with Andy Richter. By the time O'Brien takes over "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno this summer, he will be joined by his "Late Night" co-host Richter who will be a full announcer.
"Andy is one of the funniest people I know, and we've maintained a close friendship since he left Late Night," O'Brien said. "We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to The Tonight Show." He added as a joke, "I'm looking forward to working with Andy on a daily basis again, particularly since he owes me $300."
Not only will he be a full announcer, Richter will also appear in some of the comedy sketches. The duo will make their debut on June 1 along with their "Late Night" house band, Max Weinberg and the Max Weinberg 7.
Andy Richter was a sidekick to Conan O'Brien between 1993 and 2000. He quit to do his own two shows, "Andy Richter Controls" and "The Universe and Andy Barker, P.I."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos