Andy Richter Follows Conan O'Brien to 'Tonight Show'
It may be the end of Conan O'Brien in "Late Night" but it's not the end of his combined force with Andy Richter. By the time O'Brien takes over "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno this summer, he will be joined by his "Late Night" co-host Richter who will be a full announcer.
"Andy is one of the funniest people I know, and we've maintained a close friendship since he left Late Night," O'Brien said. "We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to The Tonight Show." He added as a joke, "I'm looking forward to working with Andy on a daily basis again, particularly since he owes me $300."
Not only will he be a full announcer, Richter will also appear in some of the comedy sketches. The duo will make their debut on June 1 along with their "Late Night" house band, Max Weinberg and the Max Weinberg 7.
Andy Richter was a sidekick to Conan O'Brien between 1993 and 2000. He quit to do his own two shows, "Andy Richter Controls" and "The Universe and Andy Barker, P.I."
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards