Confirmed: Linda Hamilton in Active Negotiation for 'Terminator Salvation'
Linda Hamilton could reprise her role as Sarah Connor in "Terminator Salvation" after all. After months being speculated over her possible involvement in the newest "Terminator" movie, the Golden Globe-nominated actress who is most well known for her particular role in the first two "Terminator" series has finally spoken up about the issue.
In an interview with MTV, the 53-year-old confirmed that she is in talks to reprise her role in the McG-directed action thriller. "We are talking," she fessed up. "I haven't read it yet. I don't know what direction they will go in." She then added, "My contribution would be voiceover. I would probably be very happy to loan my voice depending on what the material is. Wait and see. They're already writing it. We've been negotiating it."
On the occasion, Hamilton also offered reason why she is not involved in "Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines". Admitting that she has been offered a part in the third film, she explained, "They offered me a part. I read it and I knew my character arc was so complete in the first two, and in the third one it was a negligible character. She died halfway through and there was no time to mourn her. It was kind of disposable, so I said no thank you."
"I think [director] Jim [Cameron] was pretty clearly not going to be involved with the third one," she further continued. "His partner had sold the rights to the third one. Then they came back to Jim, but it was so far along after the fact that he'd moved on. And I wouldn't be involved with it if it weren't Jim Cameron. The third one was all right but it just didnâ��t have the heat and excitement that Jim can bring."
Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, "Terminator Salvation" is the fourth feature film installment in the "Terminator" franchise. It follows a stranger whose past could not be justified, Marcus Wright, as he joins John Connor, the man whose fate is to lead the resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators.
Starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington as John Connor and Marcus Wright respectively, it will see Moon Bloodgood, Common, Anton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard and Helena Bonham Carter among the cast. The Warner Bros. movie itself is slated to be released in the U.S. on May 21.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'