Nelly Mulling New TV Variety in Las Vegas
Nelly is attempting to lighten up the TV world with a new reality show which is none like the others. Joining forces with 25/7 Prods. that is financing "The Biggest Loser", the rapper is keen on having a variety show called "Nelly's Night in Vegas".
Variety reported that the show will be like a talkshow which is topped with a sidekick, house band, guests and performances. The twist is to have it in a pop culture perspective with Nelly performing and interacting with celebrities. And true to its Vegas style, there would be occasional game practices.
"I was thinking about what was missing on TV, and when this idea came about, it made sense for me," Nelly explained. "We do have talkshows, but no one's speaking from the pop culture perspective. Let's get a little more pop, a little more edge, a little bit younger, and not look like you're sitting in the principal's office. As a performer, that's the type of show you look forward to going on."
The show is still being pitched to networks as a weekly series. A deal has been secured between 25/7 and Planet Hollywood to have the show shot at its Las Vegas hotel.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake