Nelly Mulling New TV Variety in Las Vegas
Nelly is attempting to lighten up the TV world with a new reality show which is none like the others. Joining forces with 25/7 Prods. that is financing "The Biggest Loser", the rapper is keen on having a variety show called "Nelly's Night in Vegas".
Variety reported that the show will be like a talkshow which is topped with a sidekick, house band, guests and performances. The twist is to have it in a pop culture perspective with Nelly performing and interacting with celebrities. And true to its Vegas style, there would be occasional game practices.
"I was thinking about what was missing on TV, and when this idea came about, it made sense for me," Nelly explained. "We do have talkshows, but no one's speaking from the pop culture perspective. Let's get a little more pop, a little more edge, a little bit younger, and not look like you're sitting in the principal's office. As a performer, that's the type of show you look forward to going on."
The show is still being pitched to networks as a weekly series. A deal has been secured between 25/7 and Planet Hollywood to have the show shot at its Las Vegas hotel.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant