Nelly Mulling New TV Variety in Las Vegas
Nelly is attempting to lighten up the TV world with a new reality show which is none like the others. Joining forces with 25/7 Prods. that is financing "The Biggest Loser", the rapper is keen on having a variety show called "Nelly's Night in Vegas".
Variety reported that the show will be like a talkshow which is topped with a sidekick, house band, guests and performances. The twist is to have it in a pop culture perspective with Nelly performing and interacting with celebrities. And true to its Vegas style, there would be occasional game practices.
"I was thinking about what was missing on TV, and when this idea came about, it made sense for me," Nelly explained. "We do have talkshows, but no one's speaking from the pop culture perspective. Let's get a little more pop, a little more edge, a little bit younger, and not look like you're sitting in the principal's office. As a performer, that's the type of show you look forward to going on."
The show is still being pitched to networks as a weekly series. A deal has been secured between 25/7 and Planet Hollywood to have the show shot at its Las Vegas hotel.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell