Beyonce Knowles Rumored to Sing at 2009 Oscars
Rumor has it, Beyonce Knowles will perform at the gala ceremony of the 81st Annual Academy Awards. She will team up with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" star Hugh Jackman, who has been confirmed to make a hosting job at the upcoming event, according to E! Online.
Furthermore, Knowles and Jackman reportedly will be joined by Vanessa Hudgens and her boyfriend Zac Efron, who was previously rumored to present an award at the star-studded show. "Mamma Mia!" stars Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper will also likely make a contribution with scheduling conflicts still in discussion.
In anticipation of the awards, Knowles and Jackman are claimed to have their rehearsal at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York City. As for the entire group, a source tells E! Online that rehearsal has begun on February 17 in Hollywood with song-and-dance routine directed by Baz Luhrmann, who helmed movie "Australia", where Jackman lands the part as an independent cattle drover.
In another news, M.I.A. is still expected to sing at 2009 Oscars as producers for the event are "willing to have her enter on a large bed." According to AR Rahman, who composed "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack, she may "do it with a hologram." None of these rumors has been addressed by M.I.A.'s camp and people behind the annual event though.
2009 Academy Awards will be held at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California on Sunday, February 22. Aired by ABC, the event will honor the best in film with Robert Pattinson possibly presenting an award.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame