Beyonce Knowles Rumored to Sing at 2009 Oscars
Rumor has it, Beyonce Knowles will perform at the gala ceremony of the 81st Annual Academy Awards. She will team up with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" star Hugh Jackman, who has been confirmed to make a hosting job at the upcoming event, according to E! Online.
Furthermore, Knowles and Jackman reportedly will be joined by Vanessa Hudgens and her boyfriend Zac Efron, who was previously rumored to present an award at the star-studded show. "Mamma Mia!" stars Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper will also likely make a contribution with scheduling conflicts still in discussion.
In anticipation of the awards, Knowles and Jackman are claimed to have their rehearsal at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York City. As for the entire group, a source tells E! Online that rehearsal has begun on February 17 in Hollywood with song-and-dance routine directed by Baz Luhrmann, who helmed movie "Australia", where Jackman lands the part as an independent cattle drover.
In another news, M.I.A. is still expected to sing at 2009 Oscars as producers for the event are "willing to have her enter on a large bed." According to AR Rahman, who composed "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack, she may "do it with a hologram." None of these rumors has been addressed by M.I.A.'s camp and people behind the annual event though.
2009 Academy Awards will be held at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California on Sunday, February 22. Aired by ABC, the event will honor the best in film with Robert Pattinson possibly presenting an award.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign