Terrence Howard's Past Domestic Assault Towards Wife Exposed
Hot on the heels of Chris Brown's alleged attack on girlfriend Rihanna, new record has just been outed by The Smoking Gun, exposing the violent past of actor Terrence Howard who was arrested by Pennsylvania cops back in September 2001 for assaulting his estranged wife, Lori McCommas. In addition to details of the assault, the site also makes public some pictures taken from the crime scene and the star's mug shot.
Citing police and court records, The Smoking Gun reports the assault happened at Lori's house after she and Howard had been separated for more than two years. The estranged husband-and-wife reportedly were engaged in phone conversation when Howard got mad after a contentious talk. He then threatened her saying, "Don't disrespect me by hanging up on me or I'll come over and hurt you."
Per the legal documents, Lori was quick to call 911, asking for help, when Howard arrived at her house and tried to get in. He "broke the front door down and ran through the screen door in the kitchen. Howard then grabbed the victim's left arm and punched her twice with a closed fist in the left side of the face," the report stated.
Howard eventually confessed at the scene to breaking the door and hitting Lori. Booked on suspicion of simple assault, making terroristic threats, harassment and stalking, and disorderly conduct, he was freed from custody after posting $20,000 bail.
Terrence Howard and Lori McCommas got married in 1989 and are parents to three children. They divorced in 2003 but then remarried in 2005. They currently are no longer together.
The Smoking Gun's report on Terrence's domestic assault towards Lori came only days after he commented on the alleged battery Chris Brown did to Rihanna on February 8. Asked by reporters to speak up about the music stars' case, he initially said, "It's just life, man. Chris is a great guy. He'll be alright. And Rihanna knows he loves her, you know? They'll be alright." He was soon to retract his statement though, insisting "When they asked me about Chris Brown the other day, I was in no way aware of what he had been accused of. Had I known, I would have never had said something so insensitive."
More Terrence Howard News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special