Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight's 'Grey's Anatomy' Exit Debunked
"Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes says the rumors about Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight's departure from the show are "interesting". Attending the NAACP Image Awards on Thursday, February 12 where the show was named Outstanding Drama Series, Rhimes emphasized that the exit is mere "rumors".
"That was absolutely taken out of context," she explained to People. "Things happen, and ... I think rumors become fact very easily. And you know I don't like to tell you what's going to happen on the show - but that is a rumor."
Also providing another denial is the show's star James Pickens Jr., the very same man who confirmed first hand about the two stars leaving. "We had been living with so (many) rumors, when the question was asked of me, I was pretty much just trying to congratulate Katie and T.R. on whatever their endeavors are going to be," Pickens told Access Hollywood. "And that's exactly what they are, rumors! We don't know any more. And until they get a new script, we don't know what's going to happen."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'