Denzel Washington-Starrer 'The Taking of Pelham 123' Gets Trailer
Columbia Pictures have presented an intense look into "The Taking of Pelham 123" through the thriller's trailer. Said to be released in theaters on February 13 attached to "The International", the trailer courtesy of Yahoo! firstly serves as an introduction to Denzel Washington's character Walter Garber, what he does for a living and his ordinary days at work.
The video footage then cuts to present criminal mastermind Ryder, who is portrayed by John Travolta. Walking into a crowded subway station, Ryder quickly points his gun at Pelham 123's train operator and takes over the train. Soon after, he reveals to Garber that in exchange for the passengers he takes as hostages, he wants a large ransom that has to be paid within one hour. Under pressure to save the hostages, Garber uses his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder.
Based on the John Godey novel, "The Taking of Pelham 123" is a remake of the 1974 film adaptation. Directed by Tony Scott from a script by Brian Helgeland, the action thriller stars Denzel Washington and John Travolta as well as John Turturro, James Gandolfini and Ramon Rodriguez among others. It is slated for U.S. release on June 12.
"The Taking of Pelham 123" Trailer:
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri