Denzel Washington-Starrer 'The Taking of Pelham 123' Gets Trailer
Columbia Pictures have presented an intense look into "The Taking of Pelham 123" through the thriller's trailer. Said to be released in theaters on February 13 attached to "The International", the trailer courtesy of Yahoo! firstly serves as an introduction to Denzel Washington's character Walter Garber, what he does for a living and his ordinary days at work.
The video footage then cuts to present criminal mastermind Ryder, who is portrayed by John Travolta. Walking into a crowded subway station, Ryder quickly points his gun at Pelham 123's train operator and takes over the train. Soon after, he reveals to Garber that in exchange for the passengers he takes as hostages, he wants a large ransom that has to be paid within one hour. Under pressure to save the hostages, Garber uses his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder.
Based on the John Godey novel, "The Taking of Pelham 123" is a remake of the 1974 film adaptation. Directed by Tony Scott from a script by Brian Helgeland, the action thriller stars Denzel Washington and John Travolta as well as John Turturro, James Gandolfini and Ramon Rodriguez among others. It is slated for U.S. release on June 12.
"The Taking of Pelham 123" Trailer:
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off