Denzel Washington-Starrer 'The Taking of Pelham 123' Gets Trailer
Columbia Pictures have presented an intense look into "The Taking of Pelham 123" through the thriller's trailer. Said to be released in theaters on February 13 attached to "The International", the trailer courtesy of Yahoo! firstly serves as an introduction to Denzel Washington's character Walter Garber, what he does for a living and his ordinary days at work.
The video footage then cuts to present criminal mastermind Ryder, who is portrayed by John Travolta. Walking into a crowded subway station, Ryder quickly points his gun at Pelham 123's train operator and takes over the train. Soon after, he reveals to Garber that in exchange for the passengers he takes as hostages, he wants a large ransom that has to be paid within one hour. Under pressure to save the hostages, Garber uses his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder.
Based on the John Godey novel, "The Taking of Pelham 123" is a remake of the 1974 film adaptation. Directed by Tony Scott from a script by Brian Helgeland, the action thriller stars Denzel Washington and John Travolta as well as John Turturro, James Gandolfini and Ramon Rodriguez among others. It is slated for U.S. release on June 12.
"The Taking of Pelham 123" Trailer:
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia