Artist of the Week: Bobby V
After parting ways with Tha Disturbing Peace in early 2008 which made his third studio album "Underground Love" shelved, Bobby V returns to music spotlight with another record "The Rebirth". In it, he collaborates with fellow rapper Yung Joc, gospel singer Dottie Peoples and Grammy-nominated R&B singer Raphael Saadiq.
Revolving around relationships, "The Rebirth" marks Bobby's first work behind the production table. Led by up-tempo single "Beeb", which deals with the joy of adventurous sex, the album will be released in U.S. market on February 10.
In regard of his latest work, Bobby says it is time for him to take his career to the next level. He explains, "I have been blessed to be in the music industry for over 10 years, and my past endeavors have been great learning experiences. Now I have the opportunity to step out on faith and use the knowledge and experience that I have gained to take my career to the next level."
Commenting on the advanced technology, Bobby meanwhile takes it as a good thing to promote his new music. He states, "The Internet, I feel like that's the greatest invention ever. With anything it's a ying and a yang. The bad part about it is people can kinda, you know, get your music free. But I look at it as a good thing, especially when you don't have a lot of support, like a machine behind you or what not."
"You can reach out to millions of people through the internet versus locally," Bobby further adds. "If I put it (a record) on the Internet I can reach people overseas, on the west coast, east coast and everywhere. It's a real good way to get exposure, especially for musicians that are trying to get their career started."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding