Asian-American Group OCA Demands 'Fuller Apology' From Miley Cyrus
Asian-American group OCA, which accuses Miley Cyrus to have offended the Asians as she's been photographed making slanty-eyed face, is blaming the teen star for not issuing "fuller apology" when she recently addressed the controversy. "It's not a real apology. We're not backing down," George Wu, Executive Director of the OCA is quoted as telling Celebuzz.
Wu further claims, "The picture is offensive and now this statement is inadequate," when referring to Miley's response which she wrote in a blog on her MileyWorld on Thursday, February 5. Miley herself has not yet commented on Wu's statement.
Earlier this week, a picture showing Miley Cyrus and some of her friends pull their eyelids back to look like Asians while one Asian-American male sits among them hit the web. Soon thereafter OCA issued a statement, calling the pic displays "an offensive, stereotypical gesture" and so demanded an apology from Miley.
Insisting she and her friends weren't purposely "making fun of any ethnicity!", Miley wrote on her MileyWorld blog, "There are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, Im sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!"
"I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me. If that would of been anyone else, it would of been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'!" she complained.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers