List of Athlete Nominees for the 22nd Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards
In accompaniment of movie, TV, and music categories, athlete nominees for the 22nd Annual Kids' Choice Awards have been unveiled. 14-times Olympic gold medal winner Michael Phelps, who has become the target of public's mock since picture of him smoking marijuana hit the web, is up for the category of Favorite Male Athlete.
Competing for the same category with the 23-year-old swimmer are basketball player LeBron James who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers and football quarterback Peyton Manning. Professional golfer Tiger Woods, who's been sidelined since undergoing knee surgery in June 2008, is also nominated for the same category.
Meanwhile, nominees for the Favorite Female Athlete Kids' Choice Award among others are basketball player Candace Parker and auto racing driver Danica Patrick. Both of them are facing stiff competition from professional tennis players, Serena Williams and Venus Williams.
Winners from all categories; movie, music, TV, sports, book, and video game, will be determined through online voting at Nick's Kids Choice Awards, which is opened starting from March 2. The award show itself will be held at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion on March 28.
More Michael Phelps News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary