'Confessions of a Shopaholic' Takes Over New York for World Premiere
The Big Apple has hosted the world premiere of "Confessions of a Shopaholic". On Thursday, February 5, Walt Disney Pictures rolled down red carpet in front of the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City to welcome stars for the special screening event of their upcoming romantic comedy about a fashionista financial columnist whose shopping addiction has put her in major debts.
Despite the frigid temperatures of the particular night, stars were bracing the cold to join the celebration. Hugh Dancy, Isla Fisher, Joan Cusack, John Goodman, Krysten Ritter, Leslie Bibb, Nick Cornish and Wendie Malick were among the film's cast ensemble seen attending the premiere.
Some of the cast members even made time to answer questions from the press. While Hugh Dancy spoke of the cold temperature, leading actress Isla Fisher who was dressed in a green beaded dress by Matthew Williamson recalled her crazy ways of making cold cash. "I sold lemonade when I first came to Los Angeles on the side of the street," she told USA Today. "Yes, we charged $2 for a glass, but we never tasted it." She then added that as a child, she "used to collect my horse's poop and sell it (as manure) by the side of the road."
Cast members aside, the night also saw author Sophie Kinsella and producer Jerry Bruckheimer coming to the premiere. Additionally, celebrity guests spotted included Claire Danes, Dan Lauria, Bethenny Frankel, Marcy Rylan, Miss America Katie Stam and fashion designer Liz Lange.
Due for February 13 U.S. release, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" tells the story of a sweet and charming New York City girl, Rebecca Bloomwood who has a tiny problem in her life, she is addicted to shopping. When her addiction puts her into major debts, she is determined to change her life around and lands a job as an advice columnist for a new financial magazine published by the top fashion magazine she's dreaming of working with. But, changing her lifestyle is not as easy as she thinks it will be.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed