'Confessions of a Shopaholic' Takes Over New York for World Premiere
The Big Apple has hosted the world premiere of "Confessions of a Shopaholic". On Thursday, February 5, Walt Disney Pictures rolled down red carpet in front of the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City to welcome stars for the special screening event of their upcoming romantic comedy about a fashionista financial columnist whose shopping addiction has put her in major debts.
Despite the frigid temperatures of the particular night, stars were bracing the cold to join the celebration. Hugh Dancy, Isla Fisher, Joan Cusack, John Goodman, Krysten Ritter, Leslie Bibb, Nick Cornish and Wendie Malick were among the film's cast ensemble seen attending the premiere.
Some of the cast members even made time to answer questions from the press. While Hugh Dancy spoke of the cold temperature, leading actress Isla Fisher who was dressed in a green beaded dress by Matthew Williamson recalled her crazy ways of making cold cash. "I sold lemonade when I first came to Los Angeles on the side of the street," she told USA Today. "Yes, we charged $2 for a glass, but we never tasted it." She then added that as a child, she "used to collect my horse's poop and sell it (as manure) by the side of the road."
Cast members aside, the night also saw author Sophie Kinsella and producer Jerry Bruckheimer coming to the premiere. Additionally, celebrity guests spotted included Claire Danes, Dan Lauria, Bethenny Frankel, Marcy Rylan, Miss America Katie Stam and fashion designer Liz Lange.
Due for February 13 U.S. release, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" tells the story of a sweet and charming New York City girl, Rebecca Bloomwood who has a tiny problem in her life, she is addicted to shopping. When her addiction puts her into major debts, she is determined to change her life around and lands a job as an advice columnist for a new financial magazine published by the top fashion magazine she's dreaming of working with. But, changing her lifestyle is not as easy as she thinks it will be.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!