'Spider-Man 4' Possibly Heading to Michigan for Filming
Director Sam Raimi has teased out a bit about one of the shooting locations for "Spider-Man 4". In an article written for The Oakland Press, the 49-year-old filmmaker revealed his hope on filming some scenes of the superhero movie in his home state of Michigan. "I'll be looking at Michigan for our second-unit photography on the new 'Spider-Man' film," he said as quoted.
Since Raimi noted that his plan is to bring the "second-unit photography" to the U.S. Midwestern state, the possible production there won't likely to bring along any of the fourth film's cast members. In the meantime, shooting second unit outside of L.A. or New York won't be the first for the "Spider-Man" franchise. Part of "Spider-Man 3" was shot in Cleveland, which doubled for parts of lower Manhattan.
The fourth installment of "Spider-Man" series, "Spider-Man 4" has been reported to be shot back-to-back with "Spider-Man 5". It teams up once again director Sam Raimi and lead actor Tobey Maguire. While it is still uncertain whether Kirsten Dunst will reprise her role as Mary Jane Watson, actor J.K. Simmons has recently hinted on his return as obnoxious Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson.
Produced by Avi Arad, Grant Curtis and Laura Ziskin, the script will be provided by David Lindsay-Abaire, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright for 2006's Broadway stage production "Rabbit Hole". The superhero movie itself is expected to begin production in 2010 with the aim of 2011 U.S. release.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight