Ashton Kutcher Defends Michael Phelps' Marijuana-Smoking Pic
Standing up for Michael Phelps, who has been forced to issue a public apology after a picture of him smoking marijuana hit the web over the weekend, Ashton Kutcher wrote Twitter message on Monday, February 2, giving the swimmer some support. "I wish the media would kill this Phelps story," so the actor wrote his defense for the record-breaking Olympian swimmer.
"God forbid he hit a bong. Go ask your 20 year old kid what they did last weekend," he wrote further. "I'm not saying it was a smart move. But he doesn't need to be publicly outed for it. Who ever put the pic out is an a**!"
"He's a good kid. Btw he could be a real douche but he's not. Maybe the media can quit dragging his d*** in the dirt," Ashton added. "I don't smoke and haven't in quite some time. But I'm not immune to a lapse in good judgement (sic) from time to time."
On Sunday, February 2, Michael Phelps issued an apologetic statement to the Associated Press concerning a picture of him smoking marijuana which was made public by News of the World on late Saturday, January 31. "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment," so he stated. "I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna