Ashton Kutcher Defends Michael Phelps' Marijuana-Smoking Pic
Standing up for Michael Phelps, who has been forced to issue a public apology after a picture of him smoking marijuana hit the web over the weekend, Ashton Kutcher wrote Twitter message on Monday, February 2, giving the swimmer some support. "I wish the media would kill this Phelps story," so the actor wrote his defense for the record-breaking Olympian swimmer.
"God forbid he hit a bong. Go ask your 20 year old kid what they did last weekend," he wrote further. "I'm not saying it was a smart move. But he doesn't need to be publicly outed for it. Who ever put the pic out is an a**!"
"He's a good kid. Btw he could be a real douche but he's not. Maybe the media can quit dragging his d*** in the dirt," Ashton added. "I don't smoke and haven't in quite some time. But I'm not immune to a lapse in good judgement (sic) from time to time."
On Sunday, February 2, Michael Phelps issued an apologetic statement to the Associated Press concerning a picture of him smoking marijuana which was made public by News of the World on late Saturday, January 31. "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment," so he stated. "I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle