Excerpt of Lil Wayne's 'All Access Grammy Special' Interview
As previously reported, Katie Couric secures an exclusive time with four artists who have been nominated for Grammys. Her segment with big nominee Lil Wayne will discuss among others, his love of bowling, his Hurricane Katrina-inspired song, his unknown father, as well as marijuana.
Declaring his amusement in bowling, the rapper revealed that he owns four custom-made balls while taking Katie to a NYC bowling alley. "If you talk to a professional bowler, he would explain or she'll explain how your own ball and your own shoes, and perfect lanes are important," Lil Wayne said.
Furthermore, Lil Wayne gushed on his vision of writing songs, saying that "music is another form of news". He penned "Tie Me Down" in regard of Hurricane Katrina and will perform the song at the upcoming 51st Annual Grammy Awards gala.
Speaking about his stage name, Lil Wayne said that it roots from his father's name Dwayne who has "never been" in his life. "So I don't wanna be Dwayne," he explained on dropping the D. Another issue he talked about is his stance for marijuana, which he reasoned "I'm a rapper. That's who I am, Miss Katie, and I am a gangster and I do what I want. And I love to smoke. And I smoke."
Other celebrities given a highlight on the "All Access Grammy Special" are Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift. This will air on CBS News on February 4, four days before the actual ceremony takes place at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
- Katt Williams Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting a Woman
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram