Excerpt of Lil Wayne's 'All Access Grammy Special' Interview
As previously reported, Katie Couric secures an exclusive time with four artists who have been nominated for Grammys. Her segment with big nominee Lil Wayne will discuss among others, his love of bowling, his Hurricane Katrina-inspired song, his unknown father, as well as marijuana.
Declaring his amusement in bowling, the rapper revealed that he owns four custom-made balls while taking Katie to a NYC bowling alley. "If you talk to a professional bowler, he would explain or she'll explain how your own ball and your own shoes, and perfect lanes are important," Lil Wayne said.
Furthermore, Lil Wayne gushed on his vision of writing songs, saying that "music is another form of news". He penned "Tie Me Down" in regard of Hurricane Katrina and will perform the song at the upcoming 51st Annual Grammy Awards gala.
Speaking about his stage name, Lil Wayne said that it roots from his father's name Dwayne who has "never been" in his life. "So I don't wanna be Dwayne," he explained on dropping the D. Another issue he talked about is his stance for marijuana, which he reasoned "I'm a rapper. That's who I am, Miss Katie, and I am a gangster and I do what I want. And I love to smoke. And I smoke."
Other celebrities given a highlight on the "All Access Grammy Special" are Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift. This will air on CBS News on February 4, four days before the actual ceremony takes place at Los Angeles' Staples Center.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture