Nicolas Cage Aboard 'Ghost Rider 2'
In the latest update to the "Ghost Rider" franchise, Bloody-Disgusting reported that "Ghost Rider 2" is indeed being developed by Columbia Pictures. Breaking out the news, the publication claimed that the studio have had "Ghost Rider" star Nicolas Cage attached to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze, and begun their search for writers to pen the sequel's script.
Before Bloody-Disgusting came out with the news, Cage has hinted that the sequel to "Ghost Rider" was being planned. Earlier, he revealed the possible plots for the sequel, suggesting that his character may be having some connection with Catholic Church and may be seen "going on a motorcycle tour through Europe" in the new adventure.
Adapted from Gary Friedrich and Mike Ploog's comic book series, the 2007 "Ghost Rider" sees Nicolas Cage, Eva Mendes, Wes Bentley and Sam Elliott in the cast ensemble. Blazing into the theaters on February 16, 2007, the superhero film directed by Mark Steven Johnson debuted atop the weekend box office with $45.3 million and has since snagged up to $228.7 million worldwide.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years