Nicolas Cage Aboard 'Ghost Rider 2'
In the latest update to the "Ghost Rider" franchise, Bloody-Disgusting reported that "Ghost Rider 2" is indeed being developed by Columbia Pictures. Breaking out the news, the publication claimed that the studio have had "Ghost Rider" star Nicolas Cage attached to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze, and begun their search for writers to pen the sequel's script.
Before Bloody-Disgusting came out with the news, Cage has hinted that the sequel to "Ghost Rider" was being planned. Earlier, he revealed the possible plots for the sequel, suggesting that his character may be having some connection with Catholic Church and may be seen "going on a motorcycle tour through Europe" in the new adventure.
Adapted from Gary Friedrich and Mike Ploog's comic book series, the 2007 "Ghost Rider" sees Nicolas Cage, Eva Mendes, Wes Bentley and Sam Elliott in the cast ensemble. Blazing into the theaters on February 16, 2007, the superhero film directed by Mark Steven Johnson debuted atop the weekend box office with $45.3 million and has since snagged up to $228.7 million worldwide.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March