'Privileged' Actress Lucy Hale Has Auditioned for Jane of 'New Moon'
While Dakota Fanning has been offered to play Jane in "New Moon", television star Lucy Hale revealed that she too has done some reading for the part. The "Privileged" actress broke out the news to Twist Magazine in a phone interview, saying "Well, I did read [for the role of Jane]."
"We had some talks about it," the 19-year-old explained, hinting further that she doesn't mind if Dakota Fanning ends up with the role. "But I think they just offered it to Dakota Fanning, the role I was interested in. Which is great - I'm a huge fan of her! So, I think she'll probably take that. And I mean, as of right now, I'm not sure if it's going to work out. But I'm definitely still going to see it!"
Asked about other part she may consider starring as, the Effie Kaligaris of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" spilled, "Leah Clearwater, but I think there's already talks with somebody else. I think they've already offered it to someone. I mean, we'll see. If not, it's all good." When the publication pointed out that Vanessa Hudgens is the one linked to the role, she responded, "Right, Right, right! Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was true or not, but she'd be great for it!"
Meanwhile on the rumor that Dakota Fanning has been offered the Jane part, the 14-year-old child star has confirmed that she is indeed in talks to play the member of the deadly Volturi vampire clan. "I really hope it works out," Fanning told E! Online while promoting "Push" on January 24. "It would be so much fun. I think that the actors are amazing. It would be really cool to be a part of that. I'm a big fan."
"New Moon" is an adaptation to Stephenie Meyer's second novel of her "Twilight" series. While "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg is set to pen the script, Chris Weitz has been tapped to direct this "Twilight" sequel. The Summit Entertainment movie is reported to start production in Vancouver in mid-March for November 20, 2009 release with Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner among several original cast members set to reprise their roles.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off