'Ugly Betty' in Good Fate Despite Being Benched
"Ugly Betty" may not be the highest-rating primetime for ABC but it is not one that was thought to be benched. After a report from EW that the network have tried to replace the show's timeslot with an episode of "Samantha Who?", Michael Jensen of After Elton wrote that a spokesperson from ABC said they have big faith in the show.
"We are going to be premiering In the Motherhoood paired with new episodes of Samantha Who? starting March 26th, but Ugly Betty will be back in that timeslot," the spokesperson said. "ABC has complete confidence in Ugly Betty and the hiatus is no way meant to reflect a loss in faith for the show which remains large part of ABC's identity."
"In the Motherhood" is a new comedy starring Megan Mullally, Cheryl Hines and Horatio Sanz which tells about three women who represent mothers we all know. A series of webisodes have gained viewers favor and 13 episodes are in order.
Earlier the execs considered putting the new show and "Samantha" in the Thursday slot as an apt decision, adding that "Betty is a solid performer and there is no question that it will definitely be back to complete its season, just without repeats."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed