'Ugly Betty' in Good Fate Despite Being Benched
"Ugly Betty" may not be the highest-rating primetime for ABC but it is not one that was thought to be benched. After a report from EW that the network have tried to replace the show's timeslot with an episode of "Samantha Who?", Michael Jensen of After Elton wrote that a spokesperson from ABC said they have big faith in the show.
"We are going to be premiering In the Motherhoood paired with new episodes of Samantha Who? starting March 26th, but Ugly Betty will be back in that timeslot," the spokesperson said. "ABC has complete confidence in Ugly Betty and the hiatus is no way meant to reflect a loss in faith for the show which remains large part of ABC's identity."
"In the Motherhood" is a new comedy starring Megan Mullally, Cheryl Hines and Horatio Sanz which tells about three women who represent mothers we all know. A series of webisodes have gained viewers favor and 13 episodes are in order.
Earlier the execs considered putting the new show and "Samantha" in the Thursday slot as an apt decision, adding that "Betty is a solid performer and there is no question that it will definitely be back to complete its season, just without repeats."
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment