'Ugly Betty' in Good Fate Despite Being Benched
"Ugly Betty" may not be the highest-rating primetime for ABC but it is not one that was thought to be benched. After a report from EW that the network have tried to replace the show's timeslot with an episode of "Samantha Who?", Michael Jensen of After Elton wrote that a spokesperson from ABC said they have big faith in the show.
"We are going to be premiering In the Motherhoood paired with new episodes of Samantha Who? starting March 26th, but Ugly Betty will be back in that timeslot," the spokesperson said. "ABC has complete confidence in Ugly Betty and the hiatus is no way meant to reflect a loss in faith for the show which remains large part of ABC's identity."
"In the Motherhood" is a new comedy starring Megan Mullally, Cheryl Hines and Horatio Sanz which tells about three women who represent mothers we all know. A series of webisodes have gained viewers favor and 13 episodes are in order.
Earlier the execs considered putting the new show and "Samantha" in the Thursday slot as an apt decision, adding that "Betty is a solid performer and there is no question that it will definitely be back to complete its season, just without repeats."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story