Jay-Z Gives Update on 'The Blueprint 3'
Shedding some fans' curiosity over his next effort "The Blueprint 3", Jay-Z revealed why he is going slow this time. Unlike the last one "American Gangster" that he created within short time after being inspired by the movie of the same name, the rapper intends to keep this new piece "beyond and above".
To MTV at the backstage of his "Eve of Change" show, Jay-Z explains why the record has not yet had a release date. "For me, the process of making an album is difficult with so many things going on," he said. "And me, I wanna make it beyond and above. I'm gonna take my time with it. I don't have any quotas, and that's a good thing. It may be too freeing. It's a good thing and a bad thing."
He added, "You know, I think I need some restrictions. 'Cause if I had restrictions, I would have done it in three weeks. I would have made what I believe to be a great piece of art."
The talks of "Blueprint 3" have been swirling since early last year. Kanye West was rumored to be the sole producer of the album and one of the featured guests in the effort apart from T.I., Lil Wayne and Santogold.
More Jay-Z News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group