Jay-Z Gives Update on 'The Blueprint 3'
Shedding some fans' curiosity over his next effort "The Blueprint 3", Jay-Z revealed why he is going slow this time. Unlike the last one "American Gangster" that he created within short time after being inspired by the movie of the same name, the rapper intends to keep this new piece "beyond and above".
To MTV at the backstage of his "Eve of Change" show, Jay-Z explains why the record has not yet had a release date. "For me, the process of making an album is difficult with so many things going on," he said. "And me, I wanna make it beyond and above. I'm gonna take my time with it. I don't have any quotas, and that's a good thing. It may be too freeing. It's a good thing and a bad thing."
He added, "You know, I think I need some restrictions. 'Cause if I had restrictions, I would have done it in three weeks. I would have made what I believe to be a great piece of art."
The talks of "Blueprint 3" have been swirling since early last year. Kanye West was rumored to be the sole producer of the album and one of the featured guests in the effort apart from T.I., Lil Wayne and Santogold.
More Jay-Z News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'