'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Re-Shoots to Add More Deadpool Footage
Ryan Reynolds may be given more screen time as Deadpool in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Giving an update to the previous report on the movie's re-shoots, IESB brought up that one of the reasons for the re-shoots was to add more footage of Reynolds' wise-cracking mercenary character to the action fantasy film.
Crediting their reader, DPfan, for the report, IESB insisted that the character nicknamed "Merc with a Mouth" is going to "appear in the film even more than originally planned". The site further noted that most of the footage shot during the production's extra time in Vancouver contains scenes with Deadpool and the main character itself, Wolverine, who is starred by Hugh Jackman. Nonetheless, the 20th Century Fox have yet to send out any confirmation or denial regarding this Deadpool rumor.
Previously, words were spreading that "extensive" re-shoots will be done to "Wolverine" after Fox reportedly were interfering with Gavin Hood's direction for the film. But, the speculation on Fox' interference was quickly toned down by Jackson. In an e-mail, he explained of the re-shoot, "I wanted to reach out and let you know that due to scheduling conflicts with certain cast members and location/weather considerations, we had to wait until now to shoot a couple of scenes."
Chronicling the violent and romantic early life of Wolverine, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" serves as a prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy, revealing the titular character's participation on the Weapon X program and his complex relationship with Victor Creed. Directed by Gavin Hood, it stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber and Ryan Reynolds among others. The action fantasy will open in U.S. theaters on May 1.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does