'Preacher' Finds Writer in 'Corpse Bride' Scribe John August
Supernatural thriller "Preacher" is moving forward with its feature film adaptation. John August, who is known for his works in "Big Fish" and "Charlie's Angels" series among others, has been reportedly picked up to adapt the Vertigo comic book series into silver screen.
A frequent collaborator of Tim Burton, John August has written "Big Fish", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Corpse Bride" for the film director. Having made his directorial debut at 2007 Sundance Film Festival with "The Nines", he currently teams up once again with Burton for "Dark Shadows".
"Preacher" itself will be directed by Sam Mendes. Adapted from critically lauded graphic novel by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the movie revolves around Jesse Custer, a down-and-out preacher of a small Texas town. Struggling to get by and driven only by his strong moral sense, he embarks on a journey across the country to take on an otherworldly force when the town is decimated by the evil.
More Preacher News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation