'Preacher' Finds Writer in 'Corpse Bride' Scribe John August
Supernatural thriller "Preacher" is moving forward with its feature film adaptation. John August, who is known for his works in "Big Fish" and "Charlie's Angels" series among others, has been reportedly picked up to adapt the Vertigo comic book series into silver screen.
A frequent collaborator of Tim Burton, John August has written "Big Fish", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Corpse Bride" for the film director. Having made his directorial debut at 2007 Sundance Film Festival with "The Nines", he currently teams up once again with Burton for "Dark Shadows".
"Preacher" itself will be directed by Sam Mendes. Adapted from critically lauded graphic novel by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the movie revolves around Jesse Custer, a down-and-out preacher of a small Texas town. Struggling to get by and driven only by his strong moral sense, he embarks on a journey across the country to take on an otherworldly force when the town is decimated by the evil.
More Preacher News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift