'Preacher' Finds Writer in 'Corpse Bride' Scribe John August
Supernatural thriller "Preacher" is moving forward with its feature film adaptation. John August, who is known for his works in "Big Fish" and "Charlie's Angels" series among others, has been reportedly picked up to adapt the Vertigo comic book series into silver screen.
A frequent collaborator of Tim Burton, John August has written "Big Fish", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Corpse Bride" for the film director. Having made his directorial debut at 2007 Sundance Film Festival with "The Nines", he currently teams up once again with Burton for "Dark Shadows".
"Preacher" itself will be directed by Sam Mendes. Adapted from critically lauded graphic novel by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the movie revolves around Jesse Custer, a down-and-out preacher of a small Texas town. Struggling to get by and driven only by his strong moral sense, he embarks on a journey across the country to take on an otherworldly force when the town is decimated by the evil.
More Preacher News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors