'The Biggest Loser' Shed Damien Gurganious Off the Competition
Industrial designer Damien Gurganious has been eliminated from "The Biggest Loser" in the third week of the reality show. Through the judgment based on the total body mass that he has lost during the week and also voting from fellow contestants, Damien, whose partner Nicole Brewer is one of those sent home in the first week, is the second one out of the competition.
Damien was in the final two showdown with Joelle who earlier in the competition could not resist herself in the temptation challenge. Joelle's teammates felt that it was time for her to go but others like Blaine, Dane, Tara and Mandi thought otherwise and voted for Damien. It was then up to Dan since host Alison Sweeney had explained that if it were a tie then Damien will have to go because he had a lower percentage of weight loss at the weigh-in.
Dan cast his vote, saying "It is admiration and excitement to see this person succeed, and with a thankful heart for the inspiration this person has given to me, that I decided to vote for Damien." Joelle, who had been worried about the mistakes she made and was almost sure that she would be the one to go home, instantly broke down in tears while Damien said "I should be crying."
The eliminated contestant said later, "I feel like I let Nicole down. I don't have any regrets, [but] I just feel like I could've worked a little harder and Nicole could've come back." He had lost 74 lbs. and hoped to shed another 126 lbs. His fiancee Nicole, meanwhile, dropped 76 lbs. and crossed her finger to fit into a size 8 wedding dress when they get married.
In the second week, it was grandparents couple Jerry and Estella who was made the first one voted off from the game. The next one out will be determined in the fourth week which will return on January 27 on NBC.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences