Mickey Rourke Gets Lowball Offer for Main Villain Role in 'Iron Man 2'
Being a Best Dramatic Actor recipient at the 66th Golden Globe Awards seems not to help Mickey Rourke much when it comes to his salary. In an article discussing on how studios are tightening their belts for movies, Variety noted that the actor who makes his comeback with starring role in "The Wrestler" is offered a low salary for acting in "Iron Man 2".
Reportedly, the opening offer gave out by Marvel begins with a quarter of a million dollar for his potential role as main villain, Crimson Dynamo. "Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in '"Iron Man 2' - but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel," a portion of the article read.
According to the publication, the lowball has already prompted Samuel L. Jackson from letting go his Nick Fury part. Recently, Jackson has hinted the possibility of him not taking the role of the S.H.I.E.L.D. director, saying "There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. ... There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"
To be directed by Jon Favreau, "Iron Man 2" is a sequel to hit superhero movie "Iron Man". It sees the return of Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character and the replacement of Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle for Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes part. Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell and Emily Blunt are linked to some of the villains in it. Set for May 7, 2010 U.S. release, the action flick is reported to have a spring start in Manhattan Beach.
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together