Mickey Rourke Gets Lowball Offer for Main Villain Role in 'Iron Man 2'
Being a Best Dramatic Actor recipient at the 66th Golden Globe Awards seems not to help Mickey Rourke much when it comes to his salary. In an article discussing on how studios are tightening their belts for movies, Variety noted that the actor who makes his comeback with starring role in "The Wrestler" is offered a low salary for acting in "Iron Man 2".
Reportedly, the opening offer gave out by Marvel begins with a quarter of a million dollar for his potential role as main villain, Crimson Dynamo. "Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in '"Iron Man 2' - but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel," a portion of the article read.
According to the publication, the lowball has already prompted Samuel L. Jackson from letting go his Nick Fury part. Recently, Jackson has hinted the possibility of him not taking the role of the S.H.I.E.L.D. director, saying "There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. ... There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"
To be directed by Jon Favreau, "Iron Man 2" is a sequel to hit superhero movie "Iron Man". It sees the return of Robert Downey Jr. as the titular character and the replacement of Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle for Colonel James 'Rhodey' Rhodes part. Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell and Emily Blunt are linked to some of the villains in it. Set for May 7, 2010 U.S. release, the action flick is reported to have a spring start in Manhattan Beach.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?