Winners of 2009 Online Film Critics Society Awards
Online Film Critics Society have announced the winners of 2009 Online Film Critics Society Awards on Monday, January 19. Among those lucky enough to bring home the kudos were Warner Bros.' superhero movie "The Dark Knight", Magnet Releasing's horror drama "Let the Right One In (2008)" and Disney/Pixar animation "Wall-E".
Both "The Dark Knight" and "Let the Right One In" collected four prizes each, while "Wall-E" nabbed three. "Dark Knight" won Best Director for Christopher Nolan, Best Supporting Actor for Heath Ledger, Best Cinematography for Wally Pfister, and Best Original Score for James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer.
"Let the Right One In", on the other hand, was hailed Best Foreign Film and took the prizes of Best Adapted Screenplay for John Ajvide Lindqvist, Breakthrough Performance for Lina Leandersson, and Breakthrough Filmmaker for Tomas Alfredson. Meanwhile, "Wall-E" took three kudos from the awards, landing the title of Best Picture and Best Animated Picture aside from getting the Best Original Screenplay kudo for Andrew Stanton and Jim Reardon.
Other winners include Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei who received the award for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress respectively for their performances in "The Wrestler". "Wendy and Lucy" star Michelle Williams was named Best Actress for her portrayal of Wendy Carroll, an alienated woman who hopes to start a new life in Alaska with her dog, Lucy.
Complete Winners of 2009 Online Film Critics Society Awards:
- Best Picture: "Wall-E"
- Best Foreign Film: "Let the Right One In (2008)"
- Best Documentary: "Man on Wire"
- Best Animated Picture: "Wall-E"
- Best Director: Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight"
- Best Actor: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler"
- Best Actress: Michelle Williams, "Wendy and Lucy"
- Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"
- Best Supporting Actress: Marisa Tomei, "The Wrestler"
- Best Original Screenplay: Andrew Stanton & Jim Reardon, "Wall-E"
- Best Adapted Screenplay: John Ajvide Lindqvist, "Let the Right One In (2008)"
- Best Cinematography: Wally Pfister, "The Dark Knight"
- Best Editing: Chris Dickens, "Slumdog Millionaire"
- Best Original Score: James Newton Howard & Hans Zimmer, "The Dark Knight"
- Breakthrough Performance: Lina Leandersson, "Let the Right One In (2008)"
- Breakthrough Filmmaker: Tomas Alfredson, "Let the Right One In (2008)"
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie