Video: A-List Celebrities' Pledges of Service to President-Elect Barack Obama
A number of notable Hollywood celebrities speak out their pledges to the U.S. president-elect Barack Obama in a video, which is made by MySpace in partnership with Ashton Kutcher's Katalyst Media. "We are honored to be working with MySpace to rally the entertainment industry to answer President-elect Barack Obama's call to service," Ashton explains in a statement. "The Presidential Pledge is a platform for people across the nation and throughout the world to make a first-person commitment of service to our new president, articulating a specific intent or action to become an agent of positive change."
Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Nicole Richie, Kevin Connolly, Jason Bateman, Dakota Fanning and Molly Sims are among the stars featured in the video. Each of them has different pledges from one another, as for Courteney and David, the pair pledges to help supporting the hungers by feeding them and helping the local food bank. Dakota, meanwhile, pledges to never stop "learning and growing each day and every day."
"To be a great mother," new mother Ashlee Simpson says of her pledge. "I pledge to volunteer more of my time to help children battling serious illnesses," movie beauty Eva Mendes commits. "To plant 500 trees this year to help our planet," Eva Longoria adds. Ashton himself and his actress wife Demi Moore also make their own pledges.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic