will.i.am's New Barack Obama-Inspired Track 'America's Song' Premiered
will.i.am has debuted his latest Barack Obama-inspired single "America's Song" on January 19. Premiering it on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", he collaborated with Seal, Bono, Mary J. Blige and Faith Hill for the live appearance.
"America's Song" is a track crafted by the Black Eyed Peas' member teaming up with composer David Foster. It contains lyrics narrating, "America is beautiful/ My America, your America, our America is beautiful." It is available for free download on Oprah.com until Tuesday, January 20 at 5 P.M. ET.
During the TV show, taking place at Washington D.C.'s Kennedy Center, will.i.am told Oprah Winfrey that "the meaning of this song is being proud of America." He then added, "I wanted to write the new American anthem for this day and age - for this generation."
Justin Timberlake, Usher, Scarlett Johansson, Forest Whitaker, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett and BeBe Winans were also seen among the attendees during the Monday show. "We all of a sudden have swagger. America, we're cool now," Timberlake shared his feeling about Obama's inauguration.
Audio stream of will.i.am, Bono, Mary J. Blige, Seal and Faith Hill singing "America's Song"
More will.i.am News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs