will.i.am's New Barack Obama-Inspired Track 'America's Song' Premiered
will.i.am has debuted his latest Barack Obama-inspired single "America's Song" on January 19. Premiering it on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", he collaborated with Seal, Bono, Mary J. Blige and Faith Hill for the live appearance.
"America's Song" is a track crafted by the Black Eyed Peas' member teaming up with composer David Foster. It contains lyrics narrating, "America is beautiful/ My America, your America, our America is beautiful." It is available for free download on Oprah.com until Tuesday, January 20 at 5 P.M. ET.
During the TV show, taking place at Washington D.C.'s Kennedy Center, will.i.am told Oprah Winfrey that "the meaning of this song is being proud of America." He then added, "I wanted to write the new American anthem for this day and age - for this generation."
Justin Timberlake, Usher, Scarlett Johansson, Forest Whitaker, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett and BeBe Winans were also seen among the attendees during the Monday show. "We all of a sudden have swagger. America, we're cool now," Timberlake shared his feeling about Obama's inauguration.
Audio stream of will.i.am, Bono, Mary J. Blige, Seal and Faith Hill singing "America's Song"
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed