will.i.am's New Barack Obama-Inspired Track 'America's Song' Premiered
will.i.am has debuted his latest Barack Obama-inspired single "America's Song" on January 19. Premiering it on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", he collaborated with Seal, Bono, Mary J. Blige and Faith Hill for the live appearance.
"America's Song" is a track crafted by the Black Eyed Peas' member teaming up with composer David Foster. It contains lyrics narrating, "America is beautiful/ My America, your America, our America is beautiful." It is available for free download on Oprah.com until Tuesday, January 20 at 5 P.M. ET.
During the TV show, taking place at Washington D.C.'s Kennedy Center, will.i.am told Oprah Winfrey that "the meaning of this song is being proud of America." He then added, "I wanted to write the new American anthem for this day and age - for this generation."
Justin Timberlake, Usher, Scarlett Johansson, Forest Whitaker, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett and BeBe Winans were also seen among the attendees during the Monday show. "We all of a sudden have swagger. America, we're cool now," Timberlake shared his feeling about Obama's inauguration.
Audio stream of will.i.am, Bono, Mary J. Blige, Seal and Faith Hill singing "America's Song"
More will.i.am News
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'