will.i.am's New Barack Obama-Inspired Track 'America's Song' Premiered
will.i.am has debuted his latest Barack Obama-inspired single "America's Song" on January 19. Premiering it on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", he collaborated with Seal, Bono, Mary J. Blige and Faith Hill for the live appearance.
"America's Song" is a track crafted by the Black Eyed Peas' member teaming up with composer David Foster. It contains lyrics narrating, "America is beautiful/ My America, your America, our America is beautiful." It is available for free download on Oprah.com until Tuesday, January 20 at 5 P.M. ET.
During the TV show, taking place at Washington D.C.'s Kennedy Center, will.i.am told Oprah Winfrey that "the meaning of this song is being proud of America." He then added, "I wanted to write the new American anthem for this day and age - for this generation."
Justin Timberlake, Usher, Scarlett Johansson, Forest Whitaker, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett and BeBe Winans were also seen among the attendees during the Monday show. "We all of a sudden have swagger. America, we're cool now," Timberlake shared his feeling about Obama's inauguration.
Audio stream of will.i.am, Bono, Mary J. Blige, Seal and Faith Hill singing "America's Song"
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance