will.i.am's New Barack Obama-Inspired Track 'America's Song' Premiered
will.i.am has debuted his latest Barack Obama-inspired single "America's Song" on January 19. Premiering it on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", he collaborated with Seal, Bono, Mary J. Blige and Faith Hill for the live appearance.
"America's Song" is a track crafted by the Black Eyed Peas' member teaming up with composer David Foster. It contains lyrics narrating, "America is beautiful/ My America, your America, our America is beautiful." It is available for free download on Oprah.com until Tuesday, January 20 at 5 P.M. ET.
During the TV show, taking place at Washington D.C.'s Kennedy Center, will.i.am told Oprah Winfrey that "the meaning of this song is being proud of America." He then added, "I wanted to write the new American anthem for this day and age - for this generation."
Justin Timberlake, Usher, Scarlett Johansson, Forest Whitaker, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett and BeBe Winans were also seen among the attendees during the Monday show. "We all of a sudden have swagger. America, we're cool now," Timberlake shared his feeling about Obama's inauguration.
Audio stream of will.i.am, Bono, Mary J. Blige, Seal and Faith Hill singing "America's Song"
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'