Aubrey O'Day Wants to Stay True to Danity Kane Roots on Solo Album
Aubrey O'Day, the former member of Danity Kane, has opened up about what she has for her forthcoming solo studio effort, saying that she will stay true to the group roots. "With my solo album, I'm keeping true to the Danity Kane roots, with the R&B/pop roots," she tells MTV.
"I'm taking more of a rock-electronic edge to it, and I'm a little rocker in my heart," Aubrey explains more. "I think it's going to be fun, danceable music that is outside of the box and allows you to express yourself in any way possible, which is exactly who I am as a person."
On what she will be crafting for her solo album, Aubrey shares that the songs will be something new and different. "I think that's important, to create a new sound and not copy things that I've heard or people that you like," she says in a statement.
"I love to observe what people are doing, and it's always good to stay on top of what is going on, but I don't do it to strong degrees," she adds. "You lose a sense of yourself and where you would go creatively when you are constantly focused on everyone else."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory