Aubrey O'Day Wants to Stay True to Danity Kane Roots on Solo Album
Aubrey O'Day, the former member of Danity Kane, has opened up about what she has for her forthcoming solo studio effort, saying that she will stay true to the group roots. "With my solo album, I'm keeping true to the Danity Kane roots, with the R&B/pop roots," she tells MTV.
"I'm taking more of a rock-electronic edge to it, and I'm a little rocker in my heart," Aubrey explains more. "I think it's going to be fun, danceable music that is outside of the box and allows you to express yourself in any way possible, which is exactly who I am as a person."
On what she will be crafting for her solo album, Aubrey shares that the songs will be something new and different. "I think that's important, to create a new sound and not copy things that I've heard or people that you like," she says in a statement.
"I love to observe what people are doing, and it's always good to stay on top of what is going on, but I don't do it to strong degrees," she adds. "You lose a sense of yourself and where you would go creatively when you are constantly focused on everyone else."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?