Aerosmith Pull Off Venezuela Gig Due to Joe Perry's Knee Surgery
Aerosmith have canceled their planned show in Caracas, Venezuela because rhythm guitarist Joe Perry needs to undergo emergency surgery on his knee. They were supposed to make a live appearance at the gig to be held at Estadio Olimpico as part of Solid Fest on February 1.
"Playing Venezuela was my idea of a perfect way to start the New Year," so singer Steven Tyler says in regard of the cancellation. "But having heard Joe had to revisit the hospital this month, the band are truly disappointed we can't be in Caracas, and we hope to see everyone there soon."
Joe Perry had a total knee replacement surgery back in March 2008. However, due to complications, he required a second operation. Rescheduling will be worked on as soon as his bum knee heals.
More Aerosmith News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna