Isla Fisher Opens Up About Her and Sacha Baron Cohen's Wedding Plans
Isla Fisher tells Allure magazine some details of her planned nuptials to Sacha Baron Cohen, her longtime partner and father of her daughter Olive Cohen, as she informs the publication's February issue that they are going to get married. "We are going to get married, really, really, even more now than ever. We have been talking about it and we have been very close, but it has been difficult to plan," so she reveals.
Relating her celebrity status to her willingness of having a private nuptials, Isla confesses, "It is very important to me to have a beautiful ritual celebrated with all my family and friends, and to feel part of a community." She adds, "And when you are in the public eye, to keep that private and to make it happen without it being really visible is really difficult."
Still she doesn't disclose on the wedding date and venue though. She instead prefers to dish on her converting to Judaism from Methodism. About that matter she explains, "I converted as of two years ago. It is always reported that I am still studying, so I am either the slowest studier in the world, or I have, in fact, converted."
Isla, moreover, also addresses on her taking the Hebrew name Ayala or "Doe", telling Allure, "I never saw it as a losing or gaining situation, just an embracing situation. I think if one wanted to be buried next to one's beloved and they were Jewish, then one would have to be Jewish, too."
Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen have been together for years. The actor-comedian proposed to her in 2004. Their daughter, Olive Cohen, was born on October 17, 2007.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'