Ciara and Producer Talk Brand New Song 'Never Ever'
During an interview, Ciara talks about her new single "Never Ever" which has Young Jeezy lending his vocals to the hook. Saying that the track deals with the confusion of love, she states to MTV, "I'm singing about [when] you go through the confusion of love."
"And, basically, I say, 'If that boy don't love you by now, he'll never ever love you.' And sometimes we wait around and we go through so many different things," Ciara reveals further. "And if that person is not showing you the affection you need and not giving you the right love, then you got to let it go. I talk about the confusion of love - being confused about staying or leaving or letting go."
Furthermore, producer Polow Da Don also manages to give his comment on the track. He claims, "Hard midtempo is back. Where dudes can ride around in their cars and listen to R&B and not feel like a girl. ['Never Ever'] is hard like a rap record, and that's why Jeezy had no problem jumping on it - 'cause it's hard."
Recalling the time he hit studio with Ciara, Polow Da Don shares that they suit each other as a team. "I understand her and I understand what she should be doing," he explains. "I look at it like this: When I work with her, I'm a fan, and this is what I want her to be doing."
"Never Ever" is expected to be listed in Ciara's third major studio album "Fantasy Ride". The effort was supposed to be dropped on December 9, 2008 but then pushed back to January 2009, and most recently is confirmed to be dropped sometime in spring this year.
Audio stream of Ciara's "Never Ever" featuring Young Jeezy:
More Ciara News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby