Another Guild Nomination for 'The Dark Knight', 61st DGA Awards
"The Dark Knight" has scored in another nod from the Guilds, this time from the 61st Annual DGA Awards. The announcement came in Thursday, January 8, when Directors Guild of America Third Vice President Taylor Hackford announced the five nominees for the awards.
The superhero film placed director Christopher Nolan on the run for the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film for 2008 title. He will be competing against Danny Boyle of "Slumdog Millionaire", David Fincher of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", Ron Howard of "Frost/Nixon" and Gus Van Sant of "Milk".
This nomination added up to "Dark Knight" collection of awards' counts. Earlier, this action fantasy movie has landed nods from 20th PGA Awards, 2009 WGA Awards and 15th SAG Awards. It has also received a Golden Globe nod for Heath Ledger in the category of supporting actor. In addition to the nominations, it has swept the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday, January 7, collecting five kudos including Favorite Movie and Favorite Action Movie.
Winner of the 61st Annual DGA Awards will be honored at a gala dinner on Saturday, January 31. It will take place at the Hyatt Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory