Another Guild Nomination for 'The Dark Knight', 61st DGA Awards
"The Dark Knight" has scored in another nod from the Guilds, this time from the 61st Annual DGA Awards. The announcement came in Thursday, January 8, when Directors Guild of America Third Vice President Taylor Hackford announced the five nominees for the awards.
The superhero film placed director Christopher Nolan on the run for the Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film for 2008 title. He will be competing against Danny Boyle of "Slumdog Millionaire", David Fincher of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", Ron Howard of "Frost/Nixon" and Gus Van Sant of "Milk".
This nomination added up to "Dark Knight" collection of awards' counts. Earlier, this action fantasy movie has landed nods from 20th PGA Awards, 2009 WGA Awards and 15th SAG Awards. It has also received a Golden Globe nod for Heath Ledger in the category of supporting actor. In addition to the nominations, it has swept the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday, January 7, collecting five kudos including Favorite Movie and Favorite Action Movie.
Winner of the 61st Annual DGA Awards will be honored at a gala dinner on Saturday, January 31. It will take place at the Hyatt Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show