'30 Rock' Dominates TV Nominees of 2009 Writers Guild Awards
Writers Guild of America have selected some writer names and several TV series to be put under the contenders of their 2009 awards event. Nominees of WGA Awards were announced on Wednesday, January 7 and the TV list is crowded by "30 Rock" and "Breaking Bad".
NBC's "30 Rock" earns four nominations including one for Comedy Series and three for Episodic Comedy. Tina Fey who plays Liz Lemon in the series, earns a nod in the ensemble and solo for episode "Cooter". AMC's "Breaking Bad" meanwhile, pockets 3 nods in 2 categories, namely New Series and Episodic Drama.
The ceremony to hand out the prizes will be held on February 7 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles. Other fields in the TV world which are recognized are Documentary, News, Children's Episodic and Specials, Comedy/Variety Series and Animation among others, which nominees can be viewed on WGA.org.
- "Don't Ever Change" ("House M.D."), Fox
- "Double Booked" ("Burn Notice"), USA
- "Gray Matter" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Eli Stone"), ABC
- "There's Something About Harry" ("Dexter"), Showtime
- "Believe in the Stars" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Cooter" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Crime Aid" ("The Office"), NBC
- "Crush'd" ("Ugly Betty"), ABC
- "Succession" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Vote for This and I Promise to Do Something Crazy at the Emmys" ("My Name is Earl"), NBC
- Kim Kardashian's Stolen Jewelry Re-Cut and Sold on Black Market After Robbery
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas