'30 Rock' Dominates TV Nominees of 2009 Writers Guild Awards
Writers Guild of America have selected some writer names and several TV series to be put under the contenders of their 2009 awards event. Nominees of WGA Awards were announced on Wednesday, January 7 and the TV list is crowded by "30 Rock" and "Breaking Bad".
NBC's "30 Rock" earns four nominations including one for Comedy Series and three for Episodic Comedy. Tina Fey who plays Liz Lemon in the series, earns a nod in the ensemble and solo for episode "Cooter". AMC's "Breaking Bad" meanwhile, pockets 3 nods in 2 categories, namely New Series and Episodic Drama.
The ceremony to hand out the prizes will be held on February 7 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles. Other fields in the TV world which are recognized are Documentary, News, Children's Episodic and Specials, Comedy/Variety Series and Animation among others, which nominees can be viewed on WGA.org.
- "Don't Ever Change" ("House M.D."), Fox
- "Double Booked" ("Burn Notice"), USA
- "Gray Matter" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Eli Stone"), ABC
- "There's Something About Harry" ("Dexter"), Showtime
- "Believe in the Stars" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Cooter" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Crime Aid" ("The Office"), NBC
- "Crush'd" ("Ugly Betty"), ABC
- "Succession" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Vote for This and I Promise to Do Something Crazy at the Emmys" ("My Name is Earl"), NBC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal