'30 Rock' Dominates TV Nominees of 2009 Writers Guild Awards
Writers Guild of America have selected some writer names and several TV series to be put under the contenders of their 2009 awards event. Nominees of WGA Awards were announced on Wednesday, January 7 and the TV list is crowded by "30 Rock" and "Breaking Bad".
NBC's "30 Rock" earns four nominations including one for Comedy Series and three for Episodic Comedy. Tina Fey who plays Liz Lemon in the series, earns a nod in the ensemble and solo for episode "Cooter". AMC's "Breaking Bad" meanwhile, pockets 3 nods in 2 categories, namely New Series and Episodic Drama.
The ceremony to hand out the prizes will be held on February 7 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles. Other fields in the TV world which are recognized are Documentary, News, Children's Episodic and Specials, Comedy/Variety Series and Animation among others, which nominees can be viewed on WGA.org.
- "Don't Ever Change" ("House M.D."), Fox
- "Double Booked" ("Burn Notice"), USA
- "Gray Matter" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Eli Stone"), ABC
- "There's Something About Harry" ("Dexter"), Showtime
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert