'30 Rock' Dominates TV Nominees of 2009 Writers Guild Awards
Writers Guild of America have selected some writer names and several TV series to be put under the contenders of their 2009 awards event. Nominees of WGA Awards were announced on Wednesday, January 7 and the TV list is crowded by "30 Rock" and "Breaking Bad".
NBC's "30 Rock" earns four nominations including one for Comedy Series and three for Episodic Comedy. Tina Fey who plays Liz Lemon in the series, earns a nod in the ensemble and solo for episode "Cooter". AMC's "Breaking Bad" meanwhile, pockets 3 nods in 2 categories, namely New Series and Episodic Drama.
The ceremony to hand out the prizes will be held on February 7 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel, Los Angeles. Other fields in the TV world which are recognized are Documentary, News, Children's Episodic and Specials, Comedy/Variety Series and Animation among others, which nominees can be viewed on WGA.org.
- "Don't Ever Change" ("House M.D."), Fox
- "Double Booked" ("Burn Notice"), USA
- "Gray Matter" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Breaking Bad"), AMC
- "Pilot" ("Eli Stone"), ABC
- "There's Something About Harry" ("Dexter"), Showtime
- "Believe in the Stars" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Cooter" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Crime Aid" ("The Office"), NBC
- "Crush'd" ("Ugly Betty"), ABC
- "Succession" ("30 Rock"), NBC
- "Vote for This and I Promise to Do Something Crazy at the Emmys" ("My Name is Earl"), NBC
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress