Queen Latifah's Jewelry Stolen During Holiday
While Queen Latifah enjoyed a private barbecue brunch, $10,000 jewelry, kept on her villa in the Caribbean island of Tobago, was stolen. After finding that the jewelry, some of which belongs to her companion, was gone, she called police at the area to investigate the case.
Since there was no indication of any forced entry, police officials believe that it was "an inside job." Police Commissioner James Philbert told Newsday, "Several searches are being carried out and the police are trying to have the jewelry returned to Queen Latifah. Investigators said the larceny seems to be an inside job and efforts are being made round the clock to make a breakthrough."
During a meeting with investigators from Old Grange Police Station, led by Sgt Alicia Piggott, "The Secret Life of Bees" star admitted that the stolen jewelry has a sentimental value to her. She also expressed her willingness to offer a reward for anyone who can find it.
Queen Latifah stayed with a family member during the holiday at Stone Haven Villas, a resort located in Black Rock, Tobago. She checked into the villa under fake name, Cynthia Hadden. Because investigation over the theft is still underway, there is no word when she will be leaving the venue. "She is still here," a staffer at the resort said. "I cannot say when she is going to check out."
More Queen Latifah News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris