Queen Latifah's Jewelry Stolen During Holiday
While Queen Latifah enjoyed a private barbecue brunch, $10,000 jewelry, kept on her villa in the Caribbean island of Tobago, was stolen. After finding that the jewelry, some of which belongs to her companion, was gone, she called police at the area to investigate the case.
Since there was no indication of any forced entry, police officials believe that it was "an inside job." Police Commissioner James Philbert told Newsday, "Several searches are being carried out and the police are trying to have the jewelry returned to Queen Latifah. Investigators said the larceny seems to be an inside job and efforts are being made round the clock to make a breakthrough."
During a meeting with investigators from Old Grange Police Station, led by Sgt Alicia Piggott, "The Secret Life of Bees" star admitted that the stolen jewelry has a sentimental value to her. She also expressed her willingness to offer a reward for anyone who can find it.
Queen Latifah stayed with a family member during the holiday at Stone Haven Villas, a resort located in Black Rock, Tobago. She checked into the villa under fake name, Cynthia Hadden. Because investigation over the theft is still underway, there is no word when she will be leaving the venue. "She is still here," a staffer at the resort said. "I cannot say when she is going to check out."
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song